post #1 of Old 03-21-2012, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
clintrivera
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Tj How big can you go? (TJ)

I was wondering if anyone here drives a TJ with 40"ish tires stretched front and rear. Not necessarily comp cut. I was wondering if you get pulled over and if so- what do they site your for.

Thanks.

post #2 of Old 03-22-2012, 04:20 AM
johnvirgil
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I am now running 37" tires on my TJ. So for WA your frame rails are not supposed to be higher than 22 inches on the lowest portion. Tires are not supposed to extend past the fenders. Mud flaps or bumper is required to to cover 1/2 the tire height or to the axle.

Bumper height is also limited to a certain height but I can't find the RCW for the exact measurement. But in most cases if you have proper mud flaps and fender flares you won't get an infraction...unless you run into a bored State Trooper.

2008 Commander - 4.7V8 , 4" Superlift stacked with 3.5" Strut lift, 285/70R17's, 3.73's
post #3 of Old 03-22-2012, 04:23 AM
johnvirgil
2002 TJ Wrangler 

As far as the stretch goes you won't get hassled since most Troopers or Officers don't know what your wheelbase is supposed to be anyway.

Just don't drive like an idiot on the street and you won't draw attention. Jeeps are for wheelin anyway. I hope this info helps

2008 Commander - 4.7V8 , 4" Superlift stacked with 3.5" Strut lift, 285/70R17's, 3.73's