How big can you go? (TJ) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > How big can you go? (TJ)

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDSave 15% in XT's Pre-Black Friday Event!

Unread 03-21-2012, 11:14 AM   #1
clintrivera
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Tj How big can you go? (TJ)

I was wondering if anyone here drives a TJ with 40"ish tires stretched front and rear. Not necessarily comp cut. I was wondering if you get pulled over and if so- what do they site your for.

Thanks.

Unread 03-22-2012, 05:20 AM   #2
johnvirgil
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I am now running 37" tires on my TJ. So for WA your frame rails are not supposed to be higher than 22 inches on the lowest portion. Tires are not supposed to extend past the fenders. Mud flaps or bumper is required to to cover 1/2 the tire height or to the axle.

Bumper height is also limited to a certain height but I can't find the RCW for the exact measurement. But in most cases if you have proper mud flaps and fender flares you won't get an infraction...unless you run into a bored State Trooper.
johnvirgil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2012, 05:23 AM   #3
johnvirgil
2002 TJ Wrangler 

As far as the stretch goes you won't get hassled since most Troopers or Officers don't know what your wheelbase is supposed to be anyway.

Just don't drive like an idiot on the street and you won't draw attention. Jeeps are for wheelin anyway. I hope this info helps
johnvirgil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.