Good Shop near Bellevue, WA? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Good Shop near Bellevue, WA?

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-17-2008, 12:47 AM   #1
CrazyWalnut13
2000 WJ 

Good Shop near Bellevue, WA?

So I got my new exhaust manifold and gasket from Kolak on Friday and immediately tore into the project of replacing my old cracked one. I discovered that one of the bolts holding the old manifold on is broken so I can't get it out.

So now I need a shop that isn't going to charge me an arm and a leg to do this work. Dealer here in Bellevue wants $110/hr and they want to charge 4-5 hours.

Any one have any recommendations for a shop within about an hour of Bellevue?

TIA!

Formerly Default Jeeper #13
2000 WJ Limited 4.7 with stuff. Look left for the deets.
CrazyWalnut13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2008, 08:05 AM   #2
snowboarder61

Auburn Car Repair & Offroad, for ALL your offroad needs! 253-939-5019

He's a local jeep guy and has fellow jeepers that work with him... John runs the shop... he could take care of you! i've taken my zj to him a few times... he's fairly good at not sticking it to ya! lol he's right off of highway 167 a few miles north of the super mall....

HTH

Brandon
snowboarder61 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2008, 01:49 AM   #3
horatio102
Web Wheeler

I had nothing but good experiences with both Kirkland Chrysler and Eastside 4x4 just down the street.

That and the muffler king too.
horatio102 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2008, 04:20 PM   #4
CrazyWalnut13
2000 WJ 

Just set up an appointment at Eastside 4x4. I went there and saw a LOT of lifted vehicles out front and figured I could trust these guys. When I went in the guy I talked to (forgot his name) was nice and seemed knowledgable. Gonna drop the Heep off there on sunday night for the monday morning appointment. They only charge $90/hr compared to the dealer's $110. I'll report back on Monday to tell you guys what kind of work they.
Unread 03-26-2008, 06:02 PM   #5
horatio102
Web Wheeler

Yeah, Eastside put the lift in my 86 W250 about 6 years ago. I've still got their license plate frame - it was on the Ram, then the Dakota, and now it's on my Jeep.

I went with the IRO 3", but now I'm thinking I should have just bitten the bullet and gone for the 6" or whatever the big one is. Oh well. Axles first, then more lift.
horatio102 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2008, 06:14 PM   #6
Crashnburn80
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWalnut13 View Post
So now I need a shop that isn't going to charge me an arm and a leg to do this work. Dealer here in Bellevue wants $110/hr and they want to charge 4-5 hours.
I have never had a positive experiance at that dealers service department and would not recomend them, I dont know how the have a "5 star" rating.

OME ZJ/LJ combo | SwayLOC | 1.25" BL | Nth TT | Riddler diff covers | EMP gastank skid | 33" MTRs | Warn M8000 | Cobra75
and much more...

Riddler torture test video
Oil Filter Study
Useful Axle Info Thread
Crashnburn80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2008, 11:39 PM   #7
CrazyWalnut13
2000 WJ 

Just got the Jeep back. They said that one of the lower bolts was also broken on the manifold. They had to go to the dealer to get new bolts. They only charged me the price of the bolts, not any kind of transportation fee or any other gimick, like that. I'm impressed by that, even though the dealer is only 1/3 of a mile away from them.

Any way, they charged 3.5 hours of labor at $90/hour + $11.96 for the new bolts.

I highly recommend Eastside 4x4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.