Good place for gearing near seattle? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Good place for gearing near seattle?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 03-11-2011, 02:47 PM   #1
347FLATTY

Good place for gearing near seattle?

Hey guys, I'm looking to get swap out my gearing in my flatfender with some 4:56's from the 3:73's that I have in it now but can't find a reasonable price!

I live about 15min north of seattle (kenmore), and I called the places that I'm familiar with (Randy's R&P, olympic 4x4 and 4wheelparts) but everybody is about $800 or more PER axle with parts and labor. I remember it being a lot cheaper last time I had it done for a different vehicle. I don't have the tool's or the know-how to do this project myself and I don't to spend tons of cash for this! I was thinking $500 or so might be ok?

Anybody know a good and reliable place for cheaper?

347FLATTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2011, 06:14 PM   #2
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Billy Bobs Offroad, 1322A Meridian St. East, Milton, WA 98354 (253) 926-0447
RaggedOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2011, 06:26 PM   #3
white5nine
1998 ZJ 

I just picked my zj up from Randy's R&P after having 4.56's and a locker installed. It wasn't cheap in the slightest... walked away spending $2800 after needing a few more items that I didn't expect, but the piece of mind knowing it was done right is worth every penny to me. Cheap work isn't good, and good work isn't cheap. Just my $.02 Hope you find what your looking for
white5nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2011, 04:57 PM   #4
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I'm probably going to use Jim Kimble with Eagle Racing. He had a decent price, perhaps not the cheapest but it's competitive and he uses good quality parts.

253-631-7019

Randy's Ring and Pinion seems a little high to me but no doubt they do good work. IIRC, I think budgeting for about $600 / axle is reasonable for parts and labor. Decent gears, bearings, seals, and a rebuild kit for the axle is probably $350-ish. The rest being labor.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.