Good place for gearing near seattle? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Good place for gearing near seattle?

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!

Unread 03-11-2011, 03:47 PM   #1
347FLATTY

Good place for gearing near seattle?

Hey guys, I'm looking to get swap out my gearing in my flatfender with some 4:56's from the 3:73's that I have in it now but can't find a reasonable price!

I live about 15min north of seattle (kenmore), and I called the places that I'm familiar with (Randy's R&P, olympic 4x4 and 4wheelparts) but everybody is about $800 or more PER axle with parts and labor. I remember it being a lot cheaper last time I had it done for a different vehicle. I don't have the tool's or the know-how to do this project myself and I don't to spend tons of cash for this! I was thinking $500 or so might be ok?

Anybody know a good and reliable place for cheaper?

347FLATTY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2011, 07:14 PM   #2
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Billy Bobs Offroad, 1322A Meridian St. East, Milton, WA 98354 (253) 926-0447
RaggedOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2011, 07:26 PM   #3
white5nine
1998 ZJ 

I just picked my zj up from Randy's R&P after having 4.56's and a locker installed. It wasn't cheap in the slightest... walked away spending $2800 after needing a few more items that I didn't expect, but the piece of mind knowing it was done right is worth every penny to me. Cheap work isn't good, and good work isn't cheap. Just my $.02 Hope you find what your looking for
white5nine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2011, 05:57 PM   #4
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I'm probably going to use Jim Kimble with Eagle Racing. He had a decent price, perhaps not the cheapest but it's competitive and he uses good quality parts.

253-631-7019

Randy's Ring and Pinion seems a little high to me but no doubt they do good work. IIRC, I think budgeting for about $600 / axle is reasonable for parts and labor. Decent gears, bearings, seals, and a rebuild kit for the axle is probably $350-ish. The rest being labor.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.