Fortune Creek/Gallagher Head Lake - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Fortune Creek/Gallagher Head Lake

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 05-21-2013, 02:17 PM   #1
kyalbert
1979 CJ7 

Fortune Creek/Gallagher Head Lake

Anyone been up the trail yet this year? Wondering what snopack was like and if the trail is passable yet. Thanks.

kyalbert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2013, 02:29 PM   #2
SnoqulmieTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Not open yet
SnoqulmieTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2013, 04:05 PM   #3
kyalbert
1979 CJ7 

Thanks, when were you up there last? I'm looking at some USGS satellite pics that look like it's clear up to the last rise. It's hard to tell how recent the pics are, and also hard to see down in the shade of the trees where snow banks can stay through August. I'm itching to get up there with the family.
kyalbert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2013, 06:33 PM   #4
SnoqulmieTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I think it is open mid june tell mid oct. As for snow i have been up there in august and been stopped by patches of snow. Its hard to tell. Willing to make a day trip up there once its open.
Unread 06-04-2014, 12:56 PM   #5
bigblue5
2014 JK Wrangler 

Jk Fortune creek 2014

Just bought first jeep. Gonna try things out with an easy trail and camp at Gallagher Head Lake. Anyone been up there yet this year?

Thanks

Scty
bigblue5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2014, 10:35 PM   #6
1982cj8
2005 LJ Wrangler 

It does not open until june 15th.

4X4XNORTHWEST.COM
1982cj8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2014, 04:53 PM   #7
RubiCarson
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'll be camping at Salmon La Sac probably from Saturday 14th through Wednesday or Thursday. I will be in a black Wrangler Rubicon. Going to try Fortune Creek and possibly some other trails.
RubiCarson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2014, 05:14 PM   #8
GOATjeep
2006 TJ Wrangler 

That lake is awesome, I was only there one night last year but I'm really excited to go back and explore some more! I'll for sure be down to go sometime

Veggie Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/adventures-lechuga-lettuce-1557657/
GOATjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2014, 03:35 AM   #9
RubiCarson
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOATjeep View Post
That lake is awesome, I was only there one night last year but I'm really excited to go back and explore some more! I'll for sure be down to go sometime
Nice... looking forward to checking it out.
Unread 06-12-2014, 01:04 PM   #10
GOATjeep
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I can't this weekend though, but maybe in a couple of paychecks? Haha

If you've never gone up the trail, print out a map at least, and when you come to a point where the trail splits in three, go down the middle one yo get to the lake. The trail on the right has awesome scenery too. you should definitely explore it, its just not the way to the lake and it doesn't show up on a map. The trail left is the van epps loops I believe

Veggie Build Thread
Unread 06-12-2014, 10:08 PM   #11
RubiCarson
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOATjeep View Post
I can't this weekend though, but maybe in a couple of paychecks? Haha

If you've never gone up the trail, print out a map at least, and when you come to a point where the trail splits in three, go down the middle one yo get to the lake. The trail on the right has awesome scenery too. you should definitely explore it, its just not the way to the lake and it doesn't show up on a map. The trail left is the van epps loops I believe

Do you have a recommendation where I can print the map? I have a map, however it doesn't show the split you are talking about.

Thanks,
Unread 06-13-2014, 11:28 AM   #12
SnoqulmieTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

http://nwjeepn.com/WAtrails.htm#cleelum
Unread 06-13-2014, 11:33 AM   #13
SnoqulmieTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/47.4...m3!4m2!1m0!1m0

you can [ALT]+[Print Screen] google maps/earth/bing maps, and then [Ctrl]+[V] in to paint/photo shop
Unread 06-13-2014, 02:22 PM   #14
GOATjeep
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The map doesn't show on nwjeepn, and you can kind of see the trails on google maps, satellite view. they're not marked or anything. It's not that confusing, you'll see what i mean when you encounter it. its kind of a wide area, and the trail splits in three, the left looked a lot gnarlier than the other two last year, it looks like it loops back the way you came but up. We didn't explore that way but we will this year.
The middle way is the way up to the lake, it just goes straight from when you come to it, you can see that it continues in elevation. it's pretty obvious its "the main way" I suggest you go up to the lake first and set up camp and then go adventure in the area and different trails once you know how what the main trail up and down is.
The way right is level with the immediate area, and that way takes you to some pretty cool view. definitely check it out but be careful, it dead ends on an overview of the trail you just came up and right before that the road is just gone and theres a drop off. you can walk to the end (its right around the corner) but definitely not enough room for rigs to pass, unless you want to have a tight butthole

Also, be patient on the dirt road once you get to that point. it takes FOREVER to actually get to the trail lol I didnt realize there was going to be so many potholes and gravel before actually getting to the trailhead

Veggie Build Thread
Unread 06-13-2014, 02:25 PM   #15
GOATjeep
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Oh and also, this was all last year in August, i don't know how hard or changed it might be because of the snow

Veggie Build Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.