FNG looking for help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > FNG looking for help

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 06-28-2012, 12:35 AM   #1
GOATjeep
2006 TJ Wrangler 

FNG looking for help

So I'm 19, I have a 98 ZJ, I don't really know much about off roading, or rock climbing, but I am really interested in finding out more, and getting my jeep to its full potential.
So what I'm asking is if somebody wouldn't mind getting together sometime and showing me the ropes essentially? and maybe help me with my rig?

img143.jpg   imag0247.jpg   imag0015.jpg  
GOATjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2012, 12:27 PM   #2
Duck Dodgers
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Location: Somewhere between the Port of Indecision and South of Disorder
You can try to hook up with some clubs down your way or hop on over to NW-Wheelers and check that place out. Lots of locals there. Also try PNW4WDA It can be a good resource for runs and meeting people.
Unread 07-09-2012, 06:07 PM   #3
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

If you're new to the scene my recommendation would be to get your feet wet on the "easier" trails and progress up from there, modding your rig as needed once you have realworld experience.

I'd be up for hitting the trails with you but my summer is pretty much booked up wheel'n wise with the groups I'm running with and they are somewhat private groups. Otherwise . . .

I would recommend checking out the North Cle Elum trails, parts of Liberty / Table Mountain, Durr Rd / Umtanum Ridge and other such places. Maybe Naches Trail, too. Check the sticky at the top of the Washington subforum here. Oh and never go out alone. Always travel with another rig.

I don't know a ton about the Grand Cherokee or your budget situation so pardon my butting in but . . . from what I know I think you'll hit a limit where to bump up to a certain tire size will require a substantial lift and other expensive modifications. The wheel wells on the GCs aren't that big so to fit larger tire requires a taller lift. Its doable but there is cost involved.

If you are looking forsomething that would probably work without getting crazy I thinnk ~2 - 3" lift and 31" tires would work well. OME is a good solid brand. However the best bet is to comb through the GC forums.

Sorry I can't be more help.
Unread 07-17-2012, 11:06 PM   #4
blackknight23
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Im in tacoma man wouldnt mind helping im building a 2004 grand myself
blackknight23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 11:20 PM   #5
jarhead2
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The guy in Everett, google the club "Timber Tamers". They are up in your area.
Really the only area up your way is Walker Valley. That is up in Mt Vernon. Great trails out there.

The in Tacoma, the best place for you to start is Tahuya. Real nice and easy trails and a couple challenging hill climbs.

Good luck guys. My only other advice would be to sell the ZJ and buy something with a frame. LOL
jarhead2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.