Ferry to Tahuya from Seattle? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Ferry to Tahuya from Seattle?

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 11-23-2010, 12:54 AM   #16
redjeepguy1

Tahuya is known for "breaking stuff"... even though most of the trails don't amount to much more than forest service roads.

Unread 11-23-2010, 12:59 AM   #17
redjeepguy1

Here's the SEA to Bremerton ferry schedule:

WSDOT - Ferries - Schedule: Fall 2010 Sailing Schedule for Seattle / Bremerton
Unread 11-23-2010, 09:18 AM   #18
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjeepguy1 View Post
...there was this post, which turned off a lot of folk:

Good for him! So does my mom, and I support her decision. How can I judge ROM for the same behavior? I choose not to, and I have lost friends that make smoking pot their only hobby.

While I can see statements like that "stirring the pot" (pun intended), I have no quarrels with ROM and I thought he had a lot to contribute.

John, we'll wheel together again someday!
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2010, 10:11 AM   #19
redjeepguy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
I have no quarrels with ROM and I thought he had a lot to contribute.
x100 on both items.
Unread 11-23-2010, 11:05 AM   #20
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
Good for him! So does my mom, and I support her decision. How can I judge ROM for the same behavior? I choose not to, and I have lost friends that make smoking pot their only hobby.

While I can see statements like that "stirring the pot" (pun intended), I have no quarrels with ROM and I thought he had a lot to contribute.

John, we'll wheel together again someday!
There ya go...see how they are?

My contributions to that forum were good, informative and fun. Why they need to encourage others to think less of me, is beyond me. There's a thread over there called; "Old Fashioned Lynching" that I authored. It's a good read and is the epitome of my differences with them. I suspect that it will soon be deleted as it doesn't lend itself to the objectives of their forum, IN THEIR JUDGMENT.

In summary, it's my contention they've been lied to by other members, and made decisions regarding me and someone else based on those lies, and continue to defend their decisions based on the same lies...

I'm reminded of the old saying, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink...

Thank you for your thoughtful comments billzcat1, I genuinely appreciate it. Regarding that post he referred to, it was taken completely out of context. It came from a thread called "Oozo" on WAVJC that I authored. It attempted to stimulate dialog on drinking/drugging on the trail. It was somewhat successful in achieving dialog. That statement of mine was an attempt to encourage honesty from others who might post in that thread. And no, I don't smoke pot or drink on the trails. Though no one ever bothered to ask me, they prefer to "assume".

And yes, we'll wheel together again if I have anything to say about it...thanks again...P.O.T. = Piss on them...
RaggedOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2010, 03:10 PM   #21
redjeepguy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaggedOleMan View Post
..P.O.T. = Piss on them...
?????????
Unread 11-23-2010, 03:16 PM   #22
redjeepguy1

We do miss your informative write up over there. They provided a lot more details than most any other write-ups I've come across. Also enjoy how people over there don't trash talk each other when people ask questions or post write ups like some other forums I've been on. All too often, someone over here on JF comes in to the tech section and asks a question that has probably been answered 100's of times already, then someone says "use the search button", or someone says "well, we just talked about that last week".

That doesn't happen on smaller forums that form a tighter knit community. People on bigger forums tend to do it and get away with it because there's more "anonymity" in bigger forums, so people tend to try and "push the envelope" a bit.
Unread 11-23-2010, 03:21 PM   #23
Lordwrench
1978 CJ7 

Since this thread is about Tahuya from Seattle,let me swing her back on point. The ferry was a great trip,my bud showed up at my crib in Ballard about 7:15,we were on perfect time for the 8:30.I did find a well chaffed trans cooler line right before we left,I put some abrasion sleeve on it and crossed my fingers.I was too fired up not to wheel,could have been a bad decision.We got to the trail about 9:30 and had a great ride,met friendly people right at the trail head and along the way. When we got done, the ferry timing was not good,so we opted to head around the narrows.Long story short,my navigator guided us a wrong turn and we ended up going all the way to Olympia and around. Made for a long ride back,LOL. Was a great day,rode it all,and could have been home by lunch if we had left one ferry earlier. Lucille performed fantastic,put the lockers and entire rig through a good shakedown,now about those trans lines...... Thanks for the help here,all!

It's ironic my thread got hijacked to debate the use of legal medicines.Kinda silly I think.ROM,your welcome at my campfire anytime:-)
Lordwrench is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2010, 03:36 PM   #24
redjeepguy1

Sounds like a good time, even with the detour through Oly.
Unread 11-23-2010, 08:26 PM   #25
Lordwrench
1978 CJ7 

It was for sure, driving to trails, wheeling and driving home after was the original goal when selecting this jeep to buy. It did all I asked very well.I was worried about that line all the way,but it was a great day. Taking a person off-roading for the first time is always a pleasure,everyone loves it:-)
Lordwrench is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2010, 08:52 PM   #26
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjeepguy1 View Post
x100 on both items.
RedJeepGuy1; I apologize, I genuinely thought you were admin from the other forum.

LordWrench, it seems I owe you an apology as well, for my part in the hijack of your thread. And a thank you, for the kind words...

Regarding Tahuya, I swear there's a curse out there. Tahuya comes off as the most benign of places to wheel, yet, I've had damage there on several occasions...that said, I come out unscathed from the Manastash area. Naches, Evans Creek and Elbe. Go figure, eh?

John L.
Seattle
RaggedOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2010, 01:06 AM   #27
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

The first place I ever wheeled was Tahuya...came out with two healthy rocker panel dents and a scraped-up front bumper. Of course...wheeling stock can do that. Some of the guys I was with gave me some tips that saved me from a lot more damage on certain areas. Having a single locker would have also made a lot of difference...I had to use a lot more speed than I was comfortable with to make it through a couple sections.
Unread 11-25-2010, 11:00 AM   #28
McKBrew
JK Wrangler 

Evans Creek tends to be my nemesis as far as damage (too many tight trails).

But every time I go to Tahuya I almost always have to readjust my draglink.
McKBrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2010, 12:18 PM   #29
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Oh yeah... I forgot about the drag link. Had to do that one too!
Unread 11-26-2010, 12:30 PM   #30
redjeepguy1

I got bored yesterday and went to Tahuya, and bent a wheel on a big rock :-(

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.