Ferry to Tahuya from Seattle? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Ferry to Tahuya from Seattle?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 11-13-2010, 07:06 AM   #1
Lordwrench
1978 CJ7 

Ferry to Tahuya from Seattle?

I want to go to Tahuya,but google takes me around tacoma to get there,can't I just take the ferry?? Who has best directions from Seattle to Tahuya? Thanks everyone!!

Lordwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2010, 05:22 PM   #2
I FLEX

Yeah... u can take the Seattle to Bremerton Ferry. When you use Google maps just make the starting port the Bremerton Ferry and it will shoot you onto highway 3 south, where u will drive through Gorst on towards Belfair. In Belfair u will take a right at Safeway, then follow the road to Sand Hill Rd which goes to Tahuya.
RE.BB with RE3.5 shocks | Anti-Rock
My Jeep (they are some what updated)

Best Vendor, great prices!!!
I FLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2010, 05:29 PM   #3
I FLEX

Tahuya is a nice little place to wheel, but dont expect anything to technical. Its not a bad place but its rather tame. There a two little rock gardens if you want to test you rock crawling skill. And on the outer western perimeter is a big mud hole to play and splash in. All the trails can be passed with a stock Jeep to give you an idea, but if you have a mod'd rig it will just be that much easier. good luck have fun. if i had my Jeep id come with, its back in Ellensburg.

Unread 11-14-2010, 07:50 AM   #4
Lordwrench
1978 CJ7 

sweet,that's how it looked to me.I moved up here about two years ago,still learning my way around;-) Tahuya will be just what I want,need a good place for first wheeling in this rig.Plus it's the closest I can find with the ferry.Guestimate drive time from the ferry to the trail?

Thanks for the info,I need some trail partners or find a group out here.Is there any good stuff in Ellensburg? I have been up around Teannaway with some friends before,looked like alot of possibilities.
Unread 11-14-2010, 12:31 PM   #5
Grindahl

from the ferry to the trail I would say about a half hour.
Grindahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2010, 12:47 PM   #6
Colockum
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordwrench View Post
sweet,that's how it looked to me.I moved up here about two years ago,still learning my way around;-) Tahuya will be just what I want,need a good place for first wheeling in this rig.Plus it's the closest I can find with the ferry.Guestimate drive time from the ferry to the trail?

Thanks for the info,I need some trail partners or find a group out here.Is there any good stuff in Ellensburg? I have been up around Teannaway with some friends before,looked like alot of possibilities.

Ellensburg is over flowing with 4x4 spots, most trail heads are less than a 20 minute drive north or south from down town. Some super hard trails, lots of medium and easy trails. Also hundreds of miles of dirt roads leading everywhere. I put over 2000 miles on my jeep just in the hills this summer. Its a sweet spot for off roading.

I used to live in PO and spent a lot of time in Tahuyah. Just be watch out for the qads they are oblivious to jeeps.
Unread 11-14-2010, 06:54 PM   #7
Lordwrench
1978 CJ7 

Thanks for the info everyone
Unread 11-15-2010, 10:08 AM   #8
Mainsail
2005 WK 

Whenever you're using google or Bing maps, you can adjust their routing by placing your cursor over the course line, click & hold, and then drag it to the ferry terminal area. It will figure out what you want it to do and rewrite the directions.
Unread 11-17-2010, 01:44 PM   #9
awkragt
2007 JK Wrangler 

No one has mentioned this yet, but as long as there's no traffic, the drive around beats the ferry everytime. Especially if you end up waiting for the ferry which you probably will.

With a CJ though, the ferry does save lots of freeway driving, and they serve beer on that particular ferry.

I'm headed out to Tahuya Saturday, Yellow 2dr JK.
http://kragt.blogspot.com
awkragt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2010, 01:57 PM   #10
Lordwrench
1978 CJ7 

ill be there saturday morning around 9:30
Unread 11-19-2010, 06:25 PM   #11
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

The Tacoma Narrows route beats the Ferry any day of the week. It's a $4 toll on the return trip only and doesn't really add any time especially if you consider ferry traffic on the weekends.
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2010, 06:45 PM   #12
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grindahl View Post
from the ferry to the trail I would say about a half hour.
And a lot less wear & tear on your rig...not any cheaper really, pay for the gas or the ferry...the best thing about taking the ferry home to Seattle is if you've got some sort of damage after your run. There's something called the Tahuya curse..."It's only Tahuya..."
RaggedOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2010, 07:04 PM   #13
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

I don't know that an hour of on-road driving constitutes "a lot of wear and tear"...no more so than a day of wheeling at Tahuya! :-P Missed you on WAVJC lately ROM! How's things been going?
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2010, 08:14 PM   #14
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
I don't know that an hour of on-road driving constitutes "a lot of wear and tear"...no more so than a day of wheeling at Tahuya! :-P Missed you on WAVJC lately ROM! How's things been going?
It's been going pretty good! Upgraded my front axle shafts recently, To Superior Evolution Series, and about to install some sliders and other misc. aesthetic improvements.

Regarding WAVJC, I'm no longer willing to contribute/post or participate. My reasoning has everything to do with admin, though I miss the people a lot. Many of whom played instrumental roles in my early wheeling experiences, Anyway...make no mistake, my resentment towards WAVJ administrators run deep. As a result...

I spend my time here on the Tj Technical Forum and PNWJeep; PNWJeep.com • User Control Panel • Login

Hopefully we'll wheel together again, soon!

Later,
~John
RaggedOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2010, 08:33 PM   #15
I FLEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaggedOleMan View Post
And a lot less wear & tear on your rig...not any cheaper really, pay for the gas or the ferry...the best thing about taking the ferry home to Seattle is if you've got some sort of damage after your run. There's something called the Tahuya curse..."It's only Tahuya..."
OMG....tell me about it. I felt really bad after taking a guy from JF around Tahuya from Monroe. I kept saying how easy it was...yatta yatta yatta, next thing we know he breaks a u-joint in his driveshaft. Of course he didnt have a spare, so i had to leave him and drive my Jeep back to Belfair to pick one up.

Now im always hesitant to say how "easy" Tahuya is....

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.