Evans Crek, WA 6.23.2012 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Evans Crek, WA 6.23.2012

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 06-24-2012, 02:15 PM   #1
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Evans Creek, WA 6.23.2012

Rob, Mike, Joel, Darrin & Matt in the blue Xj?, thanks a million for inviting me. First time I'd ever rode co-pilot on the trails, and frankly the first time I'd been without my rig. Mine isn't trail worthy right now, so this was just what the doctor ordered, seat time as a co-pilot, and picture taker!

We did the lower 311, upper 311, lower 520 and the 198. No breakage, no nothin'. Great day wheelin'...Mike & Scott had a dinner to go to, so we disbanded around 1:00 or so.

Co-pilot in my rig was, with few exceptions, Donna's, job for many years. No more. Somehow it was fitting that I ride in that co-pilots seat, for this run...thanks Rob! On the other side of that coin, Barbara was always Rob's co-pilot, so today was a first of sorts for many of us!

Break ups are often messy, clumsy, often painful, eh?

But they don't have to be as bad as we often make them.

People outgrow other people, for one reason or another. Sometimes there's betrayal, infidelity.

Generally, money and/or sex has much to do with it, eh? Not always, but often.

Expectations, mine, hers, yours or theirs are often part of the movie. While riding first class on a pink cloud early in a relationship, we're blind to so many things. Maybe there should be special sunglasses for when one is on that pink cloud. Something to tame the light, so we can see a bit more clearly, eh?

Next time I ride a pink cloud, I'm going coach. Practical. Realistic expectations, you know. A bag of peanuts, a soda...

When I worked in Hawaii, I always booked coach. But once at the airline counter, I always upgraded to 1st class for a measly $200 bucks more. I liked being treated well, hard not to, eh? But the plane always lands, and I would find myself back in the terminal, back to my work, back home or wherever, back to the real world.

Back at the terminal, we see life differently. Sometimes more clearly, sometimes not...

Change is always good, though we're all usually too ticked off about it to see it that way. We often view the world as our own Burger King, like we can have it our way, all the time...

Jumbo sized. Super sized.

But we'll walk out of that Burger King back to the real world, where our "way" isn't the only way.

For instance, there's more than one line for most obstacles, eh? to the left, center, to the right, sometimes there's even a bypass.

In life, we can become quite complacent. Creatures of habit, we take the same line each time. But, when that line no longer satisfies us, we look for change, maybe some excitement, less excitement...for another line.

Sometimes it works out, sometimes it don't.

Sometimes the lines we take in life get changed, altered, improved or ruined...

Familiar faces can ease the change.

Familiar places make us remember. Allows us to relive things privately.

Familiarity for some, can breed contempt...

A break from the chaos that is our life, or perhaps the boredom that is our life, can be a catalyst.

And a drive down a garden path of life, can once again open our eyes, and/or wake up the teach-ability in us. The humility we lost track of. It can ground us.

Prepare us for what's next...

Others follow.

Some lead...

RaggedOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 02:15 PM   #2
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Someone once once said we need three things in life to be happy.

Something to do...

Something to look forward, to...

And someone to love...

And when we leave them, or they us, change visits us.

We can kick...

We can scream...

Or be over friggin' joyed that they're gone!

But we can never forget them...

Great day on the trails! And thanks Mike for giving me the helm on that last section of the upper 311! After that experience it occurred to me how difficult it would be to sit in the co-pilot's seat in my own rig, as someone else drove through an obstacle, that I had done myself many times, differently. My approach to that large rock on that section differed from yours. You allowed me to take the line of my choosing. A big thing, that. Thank you...

Finally, spending the day with my best ole friend Robin Bright (RBXj) is always a great day. We topped our day off with dinner at the Rainier in Enumclaw. Love that place! Thanks again, Rob, for everything. Mike. Barbara, too... and great to meet Darren, (the only Darren I ever knew of before now, was on bewitched, Sam's husband! Dirwood...). Matt, Joel, and seeing Scott again, too. Good times, great group!
RaggedOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.