Evan's Creek Trail Run (Nov 10th) - Who Wants To Go? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Evan's Creek Trail Run (Nov 10th) - Who Wants To Go?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-31-2012, 12:47 PM   #1
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Evan's Creek Trail Run (Nov 10th) - Who Wants To Go?

A few of us are hitting Evan's Creek on November 10th and this is an open invitation to anyone else on Jeepforum.com who's interested.

We'll be LEAVING the Chevron gas station in Burnett at 9:30am.

Gas station on Map, click for link.

I'm figuring on a full day on the trails with a target of getting back to the staging area at or about sundown or when ever the group poops out if it's a bit earlier. Kinda have to see where we're at.

Anyways, for those not familiar, here are a few pix of Evan's Creek:

( click for larger images )

I drive a bright yellow TJ on 33's and a modest 2.5" lift. Watch for me in the parking lot and shoot for arriving ~10-15 min early so we can head out on time.

Pack a lunch, snacks, and some cold / rainy weather clothes.

Cheers!

Unread 10-31-2012, 06:51 PM   #2
KahluaJeep
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Hmmmmm, i might be in! i always drool over your trail write ups so this might be a good time, haven't got to run my LJ yet after i put my johnny joint lift and anti rock on, very curious to see how she'll be. Just curious, how many jeeps do you plan to bring? I could possibly extend this invite to a few jeepers here on Base. and also since i see you live in kenmore which is like right next door. i still need to get my discover pass or north west forest pass. anywhere close?
KahluaJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2012, 02:14 PM   #3
clintrivera
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I may head up, although I will probably have to leave earlier than sundown.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...ed-lj-1741722/
clintrivera is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2012, 12:27 PM   #4
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KahluaJeep View Post
Hmmmmm, i might be in! i always drool over your trail write ups so this might be a good time, haven't got to run my LJ yet after i put my johnny joint lift and anti rock on, very curious to see how she'll be. Just curious, how many jeeps do you plan to bring? I could possibly extend this invite to a few jeepers here on Base. and also since i see you live in kenmore which is like right next door. i still need to get my discover pass or north west forest pass. anywhere close?
For certain it'll be me and one other TJ. My friend with his 4-door JK might join us but he said he's going to stay off the 197 trail (he bashed his rig up too much last time). So either we skip that or he does a ride-along with someone for just that trail. And there might be one other fellow but . . . it sort of sounds like a long shot that he'll join us.

So, 2 for certain, plus maybe 2 more.

I'd say feel free to invite some other Jeepers from base.

As far as I know, we do not need any passes. Evan's Creek is run by the Forest Service which uses the Northwest Forest Pass but that is only needed if we park at the trailheads (if we were to trailer a rig in, for instance). To spend the night at the campground it is a separate fee. But for running the trails we don't need a pass.

And just FYI: The Discover Passes are only good for State lands administered by the DNR or Fish & Wildlife. . . This means Walker Valley, Tahuya, Elbe Hills, and Reiter (whenever it's open again).
Unread 11-02-2012, 12:29 PM   #5
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintrivera View Post
I may head up, although I will probably have to leave earlier than sundown.
No problem.
Unread 11-02-2012, 04:47 PM   #6
maverick2107
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I'm going to try and make it too. It'll be my first trail with a group and in Wa state. I don't have lockers or a winch. Hope all goes well.

Dean
maverick2107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2012, 04:57 PM   #7
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick2107 View Post
I'm going to try and make it too. It'll be my first trail with a group and in Wa state. I don't have lockers or a winch. Hope all goes well.

Dean
Cool. I hope to see you out there, Dean. Just make sure you have some tow-hooks or recovery points on the front bumper.
Unread 11-02-2012, 05:01 PM   #8
maverick2107
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupinsea

Cool. I hope to see you out there, Dean. Just make sure you have some tow-hooks or recovery points on the front bumper.
Stock front bumper too. Haha ill try and stay out if trouble.

image-2419926940.jpg
Unread 11-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #9
maverick2107
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I wanna go tomorrow. Would anybody want to go somewhere close to Maple Valley tomorrow?

Dean
Unread 11-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #10
ChadH
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Dean - I'd like to go tomorrow but gonna be celebrating my b-day. Maybe Sunday. I'll see if I can find some trails.

Jay - idk about the 10th Looks like I'm being stuck back on night shift next week and if so I won't get off work till 6am Sat. I wont know for sure till middle of the week. Count me as a maybe!
ChadH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #11
maverick2107
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadH
Dean - I'd like to go tomorrow but gonna be celebrating my b-day. Maybe Sunday. I'll see if I can find some trails.

Jay - idk about the 10th Looks like I'm being stuck back on night shift next week and if so I won't get off work till 6am Sat. I wont know for sure till middle of the week. Count me as a maybe!
Ok cool. Happy bday.
Unread 11-03-2012, 12:31 PM   #12
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadH View Post

Happy birthday, ChadH!

Just think, you're off work at 6am. . . just enough time to get breakfast and meet us at the gas station for a 9:30am departure.
Unread 11-03-2012, 12:32 PM   #13
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Oh, and Dean, get at least one tow hook mounted up front! We "might" be doing some winching depending on how slick the trails are this time.
Unread 11-03-2012, 01:17 PM   #14
ChadH
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupinsea View Post
Happy birthday, ChadH!

Just think, you're off work at 6am. . . just enough time to get breakfast and meet us at the gas station for a 9:30am departure.
Hey thanks!

Haha! Yeah well depending on how rough of a night it is I might just do that. I'll know more on Wednesday/Thursday what's actually going to happen.

Do I need to find any tow straps or jerry cans? Not sure how long the trails are.
ChadH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2012, 06:40 PM   #15
frenchy206
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I would love to join you guys, unfortunately not back home till the 17th.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.