Evans Creek Sunday 4/14 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Evans Creek Sunday 4/14

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 04-19-2013, 03:24 PM   #16
TripleNickle
1998 TJ Wrangler 

There was a ton of snow there, had a blast until my bottem ball joint broke! Took 5hrs to get out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xG2k_7lrlBU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk7XjKjCe8o

20130414_152518.jpg   20130414_153908.jpg   20130414_160752.jpg   img_3747.jpg   img_3742.jpg  

20130414_200640.jpg   img_3717.jpg  
TripleNickle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2013, 04:19 PM   #17
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

That first video was taken on the lower 311 at a place that was once referred to as window breaker hill, wasn't it? I bet that spot could be a bugger in the snow.

On that second video and the stills in this thread, might have been wise to remove that sign from the post you used as a splint to get out of there. Can't blame ya for using it, but at the end of the day you may find that the Forest Service doesn't share your opinion...
RaggedOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2013, 02:21 PM   #18
TripleNickle
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaggedOleMan View Post
That first video was taken on the lower 311 at a place that was once referred to as window breaker hill, wasn't it? I bet that spot could be a bugger in the snow.

On that second video and the stills in this thread, might have been wise to remove that sign from the post you used as a splint to get out of there. Can't blame ya for using it, but at the end of the day you may find that the Forest Service doesn't share your opinion...
Yes you are correct about lower 311 on the hill, a few guys had trouble there, the sign was a last resort, we tried logs but they all broke after time. I was ready to pay a fine for the sign at that point lol, I just wanted to get my jeep back on the trailer.
Unread 04-20-2013, 03:50 PM   #19
SnoqulmieTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Please remove the pics/vid of you using the sign. This only gives ammo for those looking to shut down more land. Like RaggedOleMan said I can't blame you for using it, but it still makes all of the people who enjoy wheeling look bad.
SnoqulmieTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2013, 04:05 PM   #20
TripleNickle
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I understand your concern, but any person with a little logic would recognize I did not take the sign for firewood, or for the simple thrill of stealing a forest sign. It was truly a last resort. If the sign had not been used, I would have had to leave my jeep over night. I am sure it would have been stripped by the time I came back. I spent a good half an hour looking for fallen timber (which is almost impossible in 3ft of snow) before taking the sign.
Unread 04-20-2013, 04:50 PM   #21
1982cj8
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Just head back up after the snow melts and replant the sign, the FS would probably be good with that.

4X4XNORTHWEST.COM
1982cj8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.