Evan's Creek and Snow? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Evan's Creek and Snow?

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 04-28-2011, 10:18 PM   #16
zjzach
1993 ZJ 

im trying to decide what to do this weekend. half my softball teams going camping at tahuya, but all quads and dirtbikes, ive never been there in my jeep.

but you guys are all planning a trip too, so im split between doing some real wheeling vs goofing off over there basically.

after seeing what evans just got dumped, id be more down for elbe.

Unread 04-28-2011, 11:41 PM   #17
BaddAndy
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupinsea View Post
and all the other trails around Liberty, North Cle Elum, Manastash, etc. are all a little far a way plus they are buried under lots of snow still.
All those trails are closed until 15 Jun
Unread 04-29-2011, 01:13 AM   #18
PepCsLJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

In for Evans Creek
PepCsLJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2011, 06:03 PM   #19
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Well, I think we'll just truck on down to Elbe.

I talked with a ranger down there just now and he says the roads are otherwise clear with 0-1" of snow at the upper reaches. Out on the trails we might hit some snowdrifts in the shadows. I think if we steer clear of Busywild then Elbe will be a better bet for us.

Evan's is just under too much snow for us at this point. We'll catch it a little later once more snow melts.

I'm guessing we'll hit the picnic shelter / staging area at Elbe about 10 am. Look for two yellow Jeeps and a silver Jeep with red doors.

My cell is 425-577-1410, if anyone wants to join us give me a call tonight before 11pm. Cheers.
Unread 04-29-2011, 08:09 PM   #20
PepCsLJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupinsea View Post
Well, I think we'll just truck on down to Elbe.

I talked with a ranger down there just now and he says the roads are otherwise clear with 0-1" of snow at the upper reaches. Out on the trails we might hit some snowdrifts in the shadows. I think if we steer clear of Busywild then Elbe will be a better bet for us.

Evan's is just under too much snow for us at this point. We'll catch it a little later once more snow melts.

I'm guessing we'll hit the picnic shelter / staging area at Elbe about 10 am. Look for two yellow Jeeps and a silver Jeep with red doors.

My cell is 425-577-1410, if anyone wants to join us give me a call tonight before 11pm. Cheers.
I may join you guys at Elbe. I'm gonna go to Evans Creek but if I don't get a decent group to run with I will head to Elbe. I will be there no later than 10:30am if I do head to Elbe...look for a yellow rubi unlimited..
PepCsLJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2011, 12:22 AM   #21
zjzach
1993 ZJ 

ended up heading to tahuya late last night, mostly running around on quads but i did get the ZJ on a few trails.

tahuya is cool for quads and dirt bikes but ill take elbe, naches pass, or evans any day
Unread 05-02-2011, 05:00 PM   #22
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Just as a follow up. . . .

We did go to Elbe on Saturday. I posted a trip report in the Trip Report section of JF. There is also a video and link to more pictures. But here are some teaser images.

Unread 05-07-2011, 04:00 PM   #23
zjzach
1993 ZJ 

anyone been up since cmyjeep last week?

making a night run tonight with my buddies bronco, hopefully theres a little less snow.
Unread 05-07-2011, 10:47 PM   #24
TinkerAB
1997 TJ Wrangler 

id have to say you make a pretty good trip report video. I like the music you put in. Sucks you guys didnt get in to far but that hole can be pretty nasty ive pulled out quite a few rigs and been stuck twice in there myself. Hopefully next time ill go so I can be in one of your cool vids
Unread 05-08-2011, 04:08 PM   #25
zjzach
1993 ZJ 

copied from my build/pic thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjzach View Post
Night run, heading to Evans Creek OHV area

snowing on the way up, outside Carbonado, WA

trail head, night vision

airing down, I ran 15, buddy ran 10

trail pics

came up thru here

up trail, waiting for the bronco to come up

another night vision shot

really getting into the snow for the loop out
Unread 05-08-2011, 04:10 PM   #26
zjzach
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjzach View Post
continued...

tail light glow

left to the campground(trail 311a), to the right trail 311 keeps going

outhouses at the campground

:d evans creek is the closest, luckily for me, to the seattle/tacoma area, and also one of the more difficult trail systems in the state, i'm sure thats debatable but of all the wheeling i did stock and other trails i've ran completely, the lower 311 of evans has always had my number. I couldn't be happier with the 3.5'' lift set up. The trail conditions and being dark out made for the hardest wheeling trip i've been on to date, and we did it with no stucks and minimal trail damage. I did get into my drivers side rocker panel once, and scuffed the bank with the back passenger door(the night vision shot of the back quarter of my jeep, and buddies bronco coming up the trail, right in there. I made that in one sweep, took him two maneuvers) anyway sort of wrote this up to put in my thread, as well as the washington section, hope yall enjoy.

Unread 05-08-2011, 04:12 PM   #27
zjzach
1993 ZJ 

don't know why the second post pics didn't show up, there in my thread tho.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.