Evan's Creek and Snow? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Evan's Creek and Snow?

99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Dark Headlights Clear Cor99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Chrome Headlights99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Dark Headlights

Unread 04-21-2011, 06:50 PM   #1
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Evan's Creek and Snow?

If anyone is heading up to Evan's Creek this weekend can you post up a snow report on which trails have it and which don't?

On April 30th I'll be heading down there with some friends. It'll be their first time to Evan's Creek and they're just starting to get into offroading. We're going regardless of snow conditions but it would be great to have a heads up on which trails have snow and which don't.

I've done Evan's in the snow before and it's fun but I really miss it's steep, muddy, mountain trails. Haven't been down there in a while.

Pix would be awesome. Far as I could tell based on RBXj's April 9th photos it looks like all the trails are still under some snow.

Unread 04-21-2011, 07:54 PM   #2
marksman1941
1989 XJ Cherokee 

I always get confused when I see posts like this, because we have an Evans Creek in Southern Oregon as well, lol.
marksman1941 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2011, 02:20 AM   #3
zjzach
1993 ZJ 

if anyone wants to go to the WA evans creek this weekend id be down, even if it only ends up being a snow recon trip
Unread 04-24-2011, 02:06 PM   #4
1982cj8
2005 LJ Wrangler 

We went last weekend and all of the trails have snow, didn't make it up 520 but there was still 2' of snow at the campground entrance. The hills were very slick, icy underneath the snow. expect alot of winching unless well set up.

4X4XNORTHWEST.COM
1982cj8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2011, 11:54 PM   #5
CRASHNDENT
1994 YJ Wrangler 

snow

just got off the phone with a buddy of mine who had some friends hit Evans Creek (the Washington one and they ran into a lot of snow in the staging area as well as pushing snow down all the trails. from what i hear, if your not on 35/37s and locked, your probably not doing well there any time soon.
Unread 04-25-2011, 11:30 PM   #6
cmyjeep
2007 JK Wrangler 

i am going to try to make it to the camp area on thursday and see how bad it is.
cmyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2011, 04:09 PM   #7
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

That would be awesome! Let us know what the trail conditions are like if you can find out.

Just got off the phone with the Enumclaw Ranger Station. They are expecting another 16" of snow with the snow level dropping to 1000 ft in the Evan's Creek area in the next few days.

I'm wondering if Evan's is too buried about trying Elbe? It's a bit lower elevation.
Unread 04-27-2011, 04:12 PM   #8
tbrown206
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyjeep
i am going to try to make it to the camp area on thursday and see how bad it is.
Its not as bad as people are making it seem just make sure you got good tires and run about 10psi . Im not locked front or rear I didn't have no trouble got stuck once messing around in some fresh deep snow. We ran the 311 then the 102 those are really the only trails that have tracks and the are runnable. And I strongly suggest that you shouldn't go alone.
tbrown206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2011, 05:40 PM   #9
zjzach
1993 ZJ 

went up easter sunday, more of a sunday drive type trip, but also was curious about the snow myself and knew we had this thread going.

at the start of the trail from the parking lot, where they drastically improved the entrance, there's not much snow.

i did end up turning around a half mile or maybe less up where the first wide spot with the puddles is, before the first decent hill climb. by myself etc, and know from experience its a 4 mile hike back down till verizon picks up service.

i really dont doubt that with a group getting to the campground would be difficult. everything depends on snow, and its the time of year where you can stay on top a little ways and the next thing you know be sunk up to your axels.

lupinsea, how many rigs are going on the 30th?
Unread 04-27-2011, 06:46 PM   #10
cmyjeep
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrown206 View Post
Its not as bad as people are making it seem just make sure you got good tires and run about 10psi . Im not locked front or rear I didn't have no trouble got stuck once messing around in some fresh deep snow. We ran the 311 then the 102 those are really the only trails that have tracks and the are runnable. And I strongly suggest that you shouldn't go alone.
i dont think it will be much of a problem . i just want to know how things are up there and will take pics. as well yes i know that i shouldnt go alone but i have let others know where i have gone and what time i should be back. my friends will be waitting to here from me by 5:00 pm. after that there should be 5 jeeps looking for me.
Unread 04-28-2011, 04:31 AM   #11
zjzach
1993 ZJ 

easter sunday

Unread 04-28-2011, 03:16 PM   #12
cmyjeep
2007 JK Wrangler 

well i just got back from evans and i made it to the staging area . i did try 2 times to get back to the camp grounds but my locker in the front wasnt working again. had to back out. lots of snow and LOTS OF ICE. pics.
road going up

staging area

311A
Unread 04-28-2011, 05:34 PM   #13
zjzach
1993 ZJ 

cmyjeep, are those from today? if so it just dumped almost a foot at the staging area since sunday.
Unread 04-28-2011, 06:30 PM   #14
cmyjeep
2007 JK Wrangler 

yes that is today at 10:30 AM
Unread 04-28-2011, 08:00 PM   #15
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the photos guys.

We might end up doing a snow run and just playing around on the snowy roads. . .

or head down to Elbe where I don't think there would be much snow. Still not sure. It might be a last minute call.

I guess the Ranger was right about that snow they were expecting. Its fun doing snow runs but if you're doing nothing but winching all day long it can get old fast. I'd prefer to run on a "clean" trail free of snow so it's jut the regular mud, rocks, logs, etc.

There were myself and two friends planning on going plus Cmyjeep. The group would have consisted of

Me:
TJ, auto
2.5" lift, 32" MTs
dual Truetrac LSDs
Armor
Winch

Friend 1:
TJ, auto, V8 conversion
2.5" lift, 33" MTs
Open diffs front / rear
Armor
no winch

Friend 2:
TJ, manual
2" lift, 31" ATs
Open diffs front / rear
no armor
no winch

And CmyJeep:
With his setup.

I have about 12 years of offroading experience under my belt over most of the ORV trails in this state so I know well enough not to go out alone. But my friends are just getting into it. They have about 3 offroad runs total they've gone on. Once at Reiter, once on the Naches Trail in snow before it closed one year, and we did Walker Valley most recently at the beginning of February earlier this year.

We're going out this Saturday but I'm trying to re-evaluate Evan's Creek. As I said, snow is ok from time to time but I really prefer a good trail that doesn't have it. And we've already been to Walker last time. This leaves Tahuya or Elbe. I've been to Tahuya once. . . I think that was enough. I know they added another trail loop but I'd rather go some place with more trail milage. Reiter is effectively closed down and all the other trails around Liberty, North Cle Elum, Manastash, etc. are all a little far a way plus they are buried under lots of snow still.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.