Evan's Creek Run May 26th. Who Wants To Go? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Evan's Creek Run May 26th. Who Wants To Go?

Toxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 05-18-2012, 12:21 PM   #1
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Evan's Creek Run May 26th. Who Wants To Go?

Not to take away from the Go Topless Day at Evan's Creek tomorrow but since I can't make that. . .

Who wants to go to Evan's Creek May 26th? It's the following Saturday?

I propose we LEAVE the Burnett Chevron station AT 10am. And I'd like to be out on the trails for much of the day. . . but whatever.

Time
Depart Meet-up Location at 10am.

Where
Meet at the Burnett Chevron
14204 SR 165 E.
Buckley, WA 98321

Passes
If you need passes they can be aquired from the Burnett Chevron while we're waiting for everyone. $5 / day pass or $30 / annual pass. "Technically" speaking I'm not sure the passes are actually needed unless you are parking at the trail head. . . . but I get them anyways.

Notes
Since it's somewhat of a late start (10am) let's all make sure we get there early so we aren't dragging out the morning longer than need be. It would be fun to run as many trails as we can. I know there are a few I haven't been on in a while that I'm itch'n to get to.

Maps
If you want one of my maps, click here. I GPS recorded all the trails a couple years ago and created a nice map with shaded contours and other info. Might need to right click the map link (half way down the page). It prints on 11x17. It's a big file, about 37 MB.

Unread 05-19-2012, 11:01 PM   #2
krnkimchi702
1995 XJ Cherokee 

still plenty of snow, but if a capable rig, you should be able to run around
Unread 05-21-2012, 03:44 AM   #3
ArrizX
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I might be up if we get enough rigs.
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 02:55 PM   #4
warbi
2010 JK Wrangler 

I would have loved to have gone, but every single Saturday of this month has been/is parade day. I don't know how many parades are next month so hopefully if anything goes on in June, I will be able to attend.
warbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 12:25 AM   #5
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrizX View Post
I might be up if we get enough rigs.
Well, if you join us it'll make for three rigs.

Although, I can understand your hesitation coming from Chelan. That'd be a long haul. In any case, it'll be me in my TJ and another friend in an XJ that are in so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnkimchi702
still plenty of snow, but if a capable rig, you should be able to run around
Thanks for the heads up!

I was going back through several photos in my photo collection dating back to 1999 for any runs I've done in May. . . most of the snow looks like it melts off by the later part of the month. But each year is different. How were the trails? Did you have fun?
Unread 05-22-2012, 01:02 AM   #6
ArrizX
1997 XJ Cherokee 

How hard are the trails? I have looked at pictures but its always hard to tell. I just recently did walker valley. Is it harder or how does it compare?

Yes it would be a long *** haul from my area
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 02:39 PM   #7
I FLEX

Hey Jay, I sent you an email. I might be game, it depends on whether I get a plane ticket. I should know by Thursday.

Quote:
How hard are the trails? I have looked at pictures but its always hard to tell. I just recently did walker valley. Is it harder or how does it compare?
To ArrizX, difficulty isn't too bad. I would say its along par with Walker Valley.
I have ran almost all the trails in my rig when it was stock height with 31's and the swaybar disconnected.

Now I have 33's a BB lift a bodylift and Anti-Rock. The fact that there is still some snow may compound the difficulty some, but probably nothing a snatch strap or winch cant help.
RE.BB with RE3.5 shocks | Anti-Rock
My Jeep (they are some what updated)

Best Vendor, great prices!!!
I FLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 01:06 PM   #8
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Yes it would be a long *** haul from my area
Pretty much on-par with Walker. . . might be a little more challenging in spots. And where as Walker tops out at ~1500 ft elevation, Evan's Creek trails start at 3800 ft and top out at 5000 ft of elevation. So I won't be surprised to see snow up there on the upper reaches. Though recent photos make it look like the trails themselves might be (mostly) clear of snow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I FLEX
Hey Jay, I sent you an email. I might be game, it depends on whether I get a plane ticket. I should know by Thursday.
Yup, got your e-mail! I hope you can make it but I understand if you can't.
Unread 05-25-2012, 11:03 AM   #9
blackxj99
1988 MJ Comanche 

Sounds like a fun trip, I am busy this weekend but looking forward to geting the Comanche out a few times this summer. Did some work on it over the winter and it should be ready to go.
blackxj99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2012, 03:07 PM   #10
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackxj99 View Post
Sounds like a fun trip, I am busy this weekend but looking forward to geting the Comanche out a few times this summer. Did some work on it over the winter and it should be ready to go.
Sweet.

Let's see, IIRC, you're the one that joined us back in September? That was one sweet Comanche. I had never seen one on the trails before. It'll be good to get that rig back out on the trails.
Unread 05-25-2012, 04:17 PM   #11
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Hopefully he got that CPS replaced.

My temp gauge was acting up last weekend in Seattle I-5 traffic (spiking to red and dropping back just as fast after a few minutes) so I put a new coolant temp sensor in hoping that was the problem. No issues since, but I haven't been idling in traffic much recently, either. I think those things get some wacky voltage readings when they start going bad and just become overly sensitive (suddenly, it thinks that 212º = 260º!) Should be good to go for tomorrow, I hope. I want to put a new radiator and water pump in, but I won't be able to get around to that until next month sometime. I probably need an AC recharge, too...are those pretty easy to do yourself?

Also picked up an annual NW Forest Pass at REI today since I had some money left over from my dividend. Even with the small amount of things I buy from there, they accumulate enough to basically get an annual pass for free every year. Not a bad deal.

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2012, 10:46 PM   #12
SnoqulmieTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

What CB channel are you guys running?
SnoqulmieTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2012, 01:34 AM   #13
XabuJr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I'm stuck at a family BBQ tomorrow, so let us know how the trails look. I just tuned up my YJ & am now working on my interior (CB, console, speakers, etc). If I can get my LED tail lights in, then I can drive it on the road.. Sunday is a possibility for a run though. If the trails aren't too crazy..

'88 YJ, 33's, auto, 4.2L. Many pieces waiting to be put in!
XabuJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2012, 04:14 PM   #14
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Hey, sorry I didn't reply, last I checked the web wasabout 5pm Friday.

Anyways,

It was great to see PhillipJ, SnoqualmieTJ, and Issytj out at Evan's Creek. I had a blast. And man, was the trail traffic nuts that day.

I posted a write-up with pictures over in the trip reports section. Here is a direct link.

Unread 05-28-2012, 10:28 PM   #15
blackxj99
1988 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipJ View Post
Hopefully he got that CPS replaced.

My temp gauge was acting up last weekend in Seattle I-5 traffic (spiking to red and dropping back just as fast after a few minutes) so I put a new coolant temp sensor in hoping that was the problem. No issues since, but I haven't been idling in traffic much recently, either. I think those things get some wacky voltage readings when they start going bad and just become overly sensitive (suddenly, it thinks that 212º = 260º!) Should be good to go for tomorrow, I hope. I want to put a new radiator and water pump in, but I won't be able to get around to that until next month sometime. I probably need an AC recharge, too...are those pretty easy to do yourself?

Also picked up an annual NW Forest Pass at REI today since I had some money left over from my dividend. Even with the small amount of things I buy from there, they accumulate enough to basically get an annual pass for free every year. Not a bad deal.
Got the CPS all taken care of, plus a few other upgrades over the winter. Looking forward to getting back out on the trail.
blackxj99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.