Evans Creek 04-30-11 trip report - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Evans Creek 04-30-11 trip report

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 04-30-2011, 07:57 PM   #1
PepCsLJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Evans Creek 04-30-11 trip report

Met my buddy Justin with his 4 runner at Burnett Chevron at around 9am. Ran into Steve and Stu who I've wheeled with on many occassions. They were meeting a bunch of people from a club they had joined at 10am. Since we weren't invited we proceeded to air down just after the bridge before heading up to the main staging area at the entrance to the 311. Being that it was only me and my friend Katee with my rubi and Justin in his 4runner we stayed off the 311 and the main trails and decided to check out the forest service roads. We made it as far as the second staging area was. After we both got stuck there I freed myself and had to get Justin's 4runner turned around in the right direction. We headed back to the staging area at the 311 staging area where we ran into the group that Steve and Stu were meeting up with. I saw a few familiar rigs. Dean's, Scott's and Steve's and Stu's and a few others from I believe the El Dorado Dust Devils. I really thought about trying to tag along, but was not invited so we proceeded to head towards the 102 just to the left of the 311 staging area. We stayed off the 102 but even this small trail proved to be challenging enough. Most of it was very easy but then there was a few spots that proved very tricky for Justin and one partilular spot for me.

My first stuck

Depth of the snow on the forest service road

Justin's first stuck

My second stuck at the second staging area

Justin's second stuck

Making our way back to the 311 staging area

Heading down the trail towards the 102

Looks worse than it was really was

Close call here. Almost slid my front end off the edge.

Here's the rest of the pics
http://s1019.photobucket.com/albums/...ek%2004-30-11/

PepCsLJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2011, 08:13 PM   #2
cmyjeep
2007 JK Wrangler 

LOOKS like you all had a good time wish i could have gone with you all. next time
cmyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.