Elbe Snow Jam/Poker Run 1/19 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Elbe Snow Jam/Poker Run 1/19

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Oconee Offroad Sales Tech are Available To Help!Zone Offroad Body and Suspension Lift Kits, Brackets, Disc

Unread 01-03-2013, 11:05 PM   #1
zjzach
1993 ZJ 

Elbe Snow Jam/Poker Run 1/19

http://countylineoffroaders.com/

spreading the word here as well. Its a great time.

Unread 01-24-2013, 09:17 PM   #2
zjzach
1993 ZJ 

edit: bear with the narration, I just pasted this from my build thread.

fueling up with my buddies XJ on our way to the annual Elbe ORV Park Snow Jam Poker Run

some of the lineup ahead and behind me waiting on registration/sign in and the drivers meeting. the sunny day and the snow combination made a lot of the pictures come out really bright. easy black and white fix, also threw in a few HDR style edits, photography stuff is kind of a hobby for me.

Mt. Rainier, 14,411' find out in a few months if I'm getting sponsored to go for a summit attempt.

some of the toyota group with a lone ranger me and a few XJs got stuck in between.

more yotas, at least one truck in this group had issues or got stuck in between every checkpoint.

always giving good stopping distance before or on top of every hill.

I aired down to 10-12 psi and the BFG All Terrains outperformed every other tire out there in the snow/ice.

no pulling cable for anyone in our group, but nice peace of mind to have along.

various other rigs

built and beat up titan

I'd say whatever the local toyota clubs are spread the word better then the Jeep guys did

Nice LJ

biggest 'a' pillar lights I've seen, and not a bad looking tracker/sidekick

gecko JKU

finally caught up to some wranglers at lunch

ranger with fullsize axels

samurai and 4runner

YJ, TJ, JK, FJ

not to bash toyotas since I believe most of their issues were driver related and/or not having enough weight in the bed, but there were a few times where they tested our patience or were just rude. one section there were two stuck about 4 vehicle lengths apart with a third getting ready to pull the closer one out. I asked if our group, two XJs and my ZJ, could get through before their recovery attempt completely blocked the road and the dude said no. after carefully eyeballing the situation, and with good spotting we snaked all three jeeps between the three toyotas with no issues. one of their comments was what are you going to do when you catch up to the rest of the trucks in the group, and I replied, go around them too. the next group was surprised when we showed up instead of their buddies and graciously let us through.

with the snowy conditions, and ice in places, all the jeeps did better then any truck. I walked up a steep hill climb that the toyota boys all had to take a run at. really wish I had a few of their attempts, and then mine on video. All in all it was still a fun trip. Airing down is probably one of the most unknown simple tricks that for some reason not everyone does. Short story on that, NASA was testing one of their Mars rovers out in the sand dunes when a farmer came along and told them it'd get around better if they let some air out of the tires and the story made a few of the small town papers.

other build progress, haven't installed the powertrax yet but can't wait to see the traction gain there. never got off camber enough where being open made a difference on this trip. next few additions in no particular order are rock rails, front recovery, skids, lighting. then I've been debating on a snorkel, and upgrading to long arms up front, and putting the adj short arms in the back, but haven't decided which route to go from 3.5'' to 4.5''
thats all I can think of for right now, hope you enjoy the pictures, and maybe I'll see ya out there next time.
Unread 02-02-2013, 03:49 PM   #3
THeGAME
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds Awsome!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.