Elbe Hills 12/1/2012 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Elbe Hills 12/1/2012

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 12-03-2012, 01:12 PM   #1
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Elbe Hills 12/1/2012

I received an invitation from Bill (87YjBill) to join his group for a day at Elbe, and jumped at it. Rob (RBXj) was my co-pilot on this trip. Accustomed to his Cherokee, it was going to be a different experience for him in the shorter wheel base Tj of mine.

We met up at the old Krispy Kreme at the South Hill Mall/Puyallup, and followed Bill's trailer to Elbe.

We met up with some of Bill's friends across from the entrance to the access road that leads to the Elbe Hills campground. There we aired down, and talked a bit of story as Rob & I introduced ourselves to some new friends. Once we were ready to go we made our way to the campground where we met up with a couple more guys/rigs. That brown Toy was a clean little rig. Spartan locked in the rear, he was open in front. Bills 87Yj is Lockrite Locked front & rear on 33'S. That's Bill unloading his rig way back there in tat pic.

I believe everyone was on 33's with the exception of that red Yj.

I left my disco's connected, and aired down to 9lbs.

That red Yj is sportin' Rubi 44's on 36's...

It seems every time I go to Elbe we start out on the Sunrise Trail. I think it's been two years, or darn near that, since I've been to Elbe. And for the record, I'm never really sure which trail I'm on up there, unless I see the marker.

My camera is in camera heaven, so Rob did the photo journalism honors. Thanks Rob. We made our way up Sunrise, and then to the Mainline ("I think"). There's a bypass around the big mud hole between Sunrise and the Mainline now, that I don't remember being there the last time I was here.

The trails were wet, but not sloppy, and not a drop of rain fell on us all day up there. A bit of carnage at the log jam for Bill, and for Jesse in the red Toy. Bill popped his front drive line and Jesse/Toy busted off some bolts on his passenger side knuckle.

Bill had to pull the front of his driveshaft at the axle end, and slip it back over the yolk. An easy fix that took all of 10 or 15 minutes. I took that time to eat my sandwich.

Jesse's carnage occurred within moments of Bill's. His fix was not that simple. He'd managed to shear off 2 or three bolts from the knuckle, rendering us all hostage to a two hour delay while he fixed his rig. When he was done, he was done for the day, and limped back to the campground where he trailered his rig, and made his way back to the barn.

That's Jesse in the Toy, and Bill on the right by his Yj. The dog is Chinook, Bill's dog, and a great dog he is!

It was on the rocks at the log jamb where Bill's heap took a dump.

The day ended early. The trails I think" we did were, Sunrise, parts of Mainline & the Mainline Extension, Gotcha & the Swamp Trail. Never did any of the Alder's, Rainier Vista or the Busy. That said, I genuinely enjoy the Alder trail, and was disappointed we never made it there, or Rainier Vista for that matter.

All in all a good day. What's that they say? A bad day wheeling is better than a good day at most anything else...

Thanks Bill, we had a blast!

RaggedOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2012, 09:32 PM   #2
Matt L
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Why dont you put this in trip reports? Same with your evans run, as I dont see an open invatition for anyone else to go. Sorry to sound like a (what ever comes to mind) I just need to go wheelin really bad.
Matt L is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2012, 10:17 PM   #3
Matt L
1998 TJ Wrangler 

saturday january 19th elbe poker run snow jam by county line offroaders

There was actually snow last year. this is an easy run on gravel roads and ends at the orv park.
Matt L is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2012, 08:13 PM   #4
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post
Why dont you put this in trip reports? Same with your evans run, as I dont see an open invatition for anyone else to go. Sorry to sound like a (what ever comes to mind) I just need to go wheelin really bad.
I was invited on the Elbe run, and thus it wasn't my place to invite others, Matt. Regarding putting it in "trail runs" perhaps I should have, though for the life of me it seems like it really doesn't matter to anyone outside of us Washingtonians who frequent Elbe, Evans etc.
Unread 01-05-2013, 02:18 AM   #5
zjzach
1993 ZJ 

RaggedOleMan, trying to track down your most recent post to ask if you still have that d35 PowerTrax locker for sale?
I replied to your wavjc thread and tried to pm you here but it said your box is full.
Thanks
Unread 01-05-2013, 09:37 PM   #6
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjzach View Post
RaggedOleMan, trying to track down your most recent post to ask if you still have that d35 PowerTrax locker for sale?
I replied to your wavjc thread and tried to pm you here but it said your box is full.
Thanks
Yes, 27 spline for a d35. PM me (I emptied by inbox) and we can discuss numbers.

~jL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.