Easton to Enumclaw - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Easton to Enumclaw

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-09-2013, 05:32 PM   #16
punisher65

2006 WK 

I guess I have a good trip for the summer (or possibly fall)...thanks for the info!

BT Catch Can, TB ground, Cree LED Reverse Lights, Interior LED upgrade

WK Build Thread

1993 4.0 ZJ
BB and 31" Bighorns SOLD :(
punisher65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2013, 08:09 PM   #17
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaddAndy View Post
Pete's route is the one, there is another way(the old FR41 that takes you to the bridge in the earlier pic), but that's an officially closed route, wink wink. There are bypasses to washouts for trail rigs, but it might be washed out again. A few years ago someone made a new FR41 route over Beeler Pass which had an intimidating off-camber burlap layered hill, but that one too washed out. I swore I had found another FR41 route , but couldn't find it last attempt. It can get dicey up top north of Twin camp in the snow. All routes N-S are not doeable during the winter due to snow depth. 1st pic is May and we couldn't make it over nothbound due to snow, and the 2nd was late Oct. which we made it over.
I was on that section that day. Recall it well. That's where/when I met Tim/TrailJunky, too. So what are you saying, Andy? Is it doable, (summer) or is it not?
RaggedOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2013, 08:28 PM   #18
punisher65

2006 WK 

Sounds like its doable when the snow is melted

WK Build Thread

1993 4.0 ZJ
Unread 12-10-2013, 12:59 AM   #19
judjames

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaddAndy View Post
Pete's route is the one, there is another way(the old FR41 that takes you to the bridge in the earlier pic), but that's an officially closed route, wink wink. There are bypasses to washouts for trail rigs, but it might be washed out again. A few years ago someone made a new FR41 route over Beeler Pass which had an intimidating off-camber burlap layered hill, but that one too washed out. I swore I had found another FR41 route , but couldn't find it last attempt. It can get dicey up top north of Twin camp in the snow. All routes N-S are not doeable during the winter due to snow depth. 1st pic is May and we couldn't make it over nothbound due to snow, and the 2nd was late Oct. which we made it over.
how do ya like wheelin in the snow?
judjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 11:36 AM   #20
TJDaveX
Motorized Toy Collector

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by judjames View Post
how do ya like wheelin in the snow?
Snow wheeling is awesome. I look forward to it every year. Make sure you go with at least one other rig.

Even on Forest Service roads, things can happen.
TJDaveX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 07:00 PM   #21
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Snow is more forgiving than rocks & roots and things that find their way under our heaps. But it takes a skill that's not easy to identify. I've wheeled with someone who is a master at snow. His skill has everything to do with the lack of throttle. Not a swinging Richard sort of a guy. Finesse comes to mind.

That said, the "right" kind of snow is critical. Wet snow like we get here on the west side of the Washington Cascades isn't it. The dryer stuff typical of the dry side of Washington State, like where TjDave wheels a lot of the time, is what I'm talking about. Day & night. Day & night.

Given the opportunity to go "snow wheeling" with someone experienced at it is the place to start. Humility is high on the list, too. None of us know what we don't know, until we know it. And be prepared to screw up a lot! It's so much fun, just a whole different perspective on "wheeling"...effin' love it.
Unread 12-11-2013, 07:26 PM   #22
punisher65

2006 WK 

I love snow wheeling, but I agree dry snow on the east side is way better than the wet snow on the west side!

WK Build Thread

1993 4.0 ZJ
Unread 12-11-2013, 09:26 PM   #23
BaddAndy
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaggedOleMan View Post
I was on that section that day. Recall it well. That's where/when I met Tim/TrailJunky, too. So what are you saying, Andy? Is it doable, (summer) or is it not?
Yes John, a walk in the park during the summer.
Unread 12-12-2013, 08:34 PM   #24
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Ain't that a daisy....
Unread 01-12-2014, 10:44 PM   #25
RBxj
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I like walkin' in the park. Will have to find it this year.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.