Current Dealer Recommendations? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Current Dealer Recommendations?

Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 06-07-2013, 11:12 PM   #1
GCMatt
2001 WJ 

Current Dealer Recommendations?

It is time to do an epic magic trick and turn my '01 WJ into a '14 JKU. I need to pick a dealer from the audience to help me pull it off, though.

I'm near Woodinville. Not trading in, so I'm little at the mercy of how far I can bribe a friend to take me. That said, I have awesome friends, and the dude I drove to Portland to buy his Mini owes me anyway. So maybe within a 150-200 mile radius?

I searched the WA forum and found a three year old thread that seemed to indicate Tom Matson Jeep in Tacoma was a good place. Is that still the case? Other suggestions?

If I have the affiliate program, does it really matter where I buy? I think I'm ordering early enough that dealer allocation isn't a big deal, or is that wrong?

Just as important, anywhere I should stay the hell away from? Either sales or service?

Feel free to PM if you'd prefer. I'm happy to roll up votes into summary-style statistics, and just as happy to not count you for those if you'd rather not be counted even as a +/- 1.

Thanks!

GCMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 11:52 PM   #2
kjonge
2013 JK Wrangler 

I bought mine off rairdons in Kirkland. No issues so far. I did all the negotiations through email through several dealers and always came back to them. All I had to was drive up and talk trade in and we were good to go. Not all the annoying table negotiations...
kjonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 12:18 AM   #3
Slobert
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I bought a car ( non jeep ) from Tom Matson in Auburn and they were good to deal with.
Slobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2013, 08:44 PM   #4
SkipBaccus
2014 JK Wrangler 

I just bought a '14 jkur from Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Bellevue. I negotiated with a few dealerships in email around the Woodinville area but Mike Paulsen was the most responsive and most willing to work with me on price. I had an affiliate deal as well. I got the price I wanted. (getting a couple dealers to bid on price in email is the way to work a non stressful deal from the buyer point of view) After special ordering it several weeks ago, I just picked it up a two days ago (8/22). I'm very happy so far.
SkipBaccus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 04:44 PM   #5
GraySkies
1966 CJ5 

Have you thought about Dave Smith in Idaho? I think if you're buying they'll fly you there.
GraySkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2013, 09:40 AM   #6
ChicagoGuy
formerly VetteDriver

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraySkies View Post
Have you thought about Dave Smith in Idaho? I think if you're buying they'll fly you there.
This is true, or it was a few years ago. Buddy has bought both his Escalade and his Suburban from Dave Smith, and his mom bought a Durango from them. He swears by them.
Unread 09-07-2013, 01:06 AM   #7
jeep-duck1

I got my jeep from rairdons in Bellingham, but what's nice is I have a 3yr oil change and I can go to any of the rairdons to get it done and they will honor it..
jeep-duck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 01:21 PM   #8
hemispin
2014 WK 

I considered buying from Rairdon's in Kirkland or Bellevue, but I wanted to stay closer to the Tacoma area where I live. First stop to look was at Larson Jeep in Puyallup. Test drive was super easy. Sales guy just let my wife and I take a Jeep out for a test drive. That being said, he offered very little help in describing the Jeep. It was certainly low pressure there.

Then I asked a guy I work with about his recent Jeep purchase. He said he knows a guy at Tacoma Dodge/Jeep. So I called him, and he invited me down to work with Troy in sales, and promised they would "hook me up". I drove out that day in a new 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, and I couldn't be happier. Very low pressure, hassle free even with a trade in, and Troy went the extra mile to describe many of the features of the Jeep. I would certainly recommend them.
hemispin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2013, 03:26 PM   #9
jedshadey
2011 JK Wrangler 

Larsons

I bought my rubicon from Larsons Jeep in Puyallup and had a good experience with them, they worked with me on the price and got good value for my trade and they tossed in a tow bar package for my RV for free.
jedshadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2013, 11:48 PM   #10
GCMatt
2001 WJ 

Thanks for all the suggestions! I ordered my Wrangler from the Bellevue dealership on 8/28. I tried Rairdons. I liked working with Joe there, and he knows a lot about Wranglers. But the sales desk guys were some bizarre mix of painfully inept and greedy. Every game you have heard about in horror stories about car dealerships, including misplacing the keys to my current vehicle for almost 30 minutes when they were appraising it. And getting a bottom line price out of them was like pulling teeth. When I finally got one, it was highlighter written on a torn piece of scratch paper. And they'd mysteriously forgotten about the affiliate pricing in between - which was hidden because it was just a number on a piece of scrap, not a nice orderly progression of epp + destination + fees + tax.

Bellevue gave me a print out of the final out the door price, along with the build order sheet. And there was no screwing around. No fighting. No pulling teeth. No stalling while the sales desk thought about it. No starting at MSRP + 6k even after I'd said I had the affiliate program. Just straight-up, straightforward dealing. I didn't feel slimy when I left.
GCMatt is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.