Camping at Evans Creek? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Camping at Evans Creek?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 09-19-2014, 05:08 PM   #1
mudmizer
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Camping at Evans Creek?

A few of us are planning a three day trip to Evans Creek the end of this month and I'm trying to get some info on the camping area. I want to bring a 38 foot motorhome and car trailer but wonder if I can get into the camping area without destroying the rig. Will I fit into the camp sites? How much dirt road will I need to drive and how rough are they. I've never been to Evans so any info you can share will be appreciated.

mudmizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2014, 09:23 AM   #2
mudmizer
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Well has anyone at least bin to Evans to give me a heads up on what to expect in general?
Unread 09-21-2014, 06:12 PM   #3
Haakon

I was just up there today. The road isn't all that rough, as in potholes, but is very washboarded for miles. If it's like today you'll surely see many cars (even a Prius or two) on the road headed past Evans up to Mowich lake. I just took a quick peek into the campground, I didn't see any motorhomes, but did see some pretty long trailers. I wasn't looking with a RV in mind, but I'm thinking that you might rub some branches getting to the campground in something as tall and wide as a 38' RV.

Sorry, I can't say absolutely yes or no on getting in to the campground with your rig.
Haakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2014, 07:08 PM   #4
mudmizer
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks, we are planning to take it slow on the road and watch for low branches. It might take us a while but we plan a 3 day stay so a bit slow should be worth it.
Thanks again for the info. We'll let everyone know how it goes. We'll be there the 30th, 1st and 2ed.
Unread 09-21-2014, 07:54 PM   #5
1982cj8
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The only place you might have a problem is right at the entrance to the campground, it drops down into a creek bottom and you might drag in there, i have had a motorhome in there before but not that long.

4X4XNORTHWEST.COM
1982cj8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.