Best 4x4 in Portland/Vancouver - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Best 4x4 in Portland/Vancouver

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 10-06-2011, 11:56 AM   #1
NWJeepster
2011 JK Wrangler 

Best 4x4 in Portland/Vancouver

Just wondering who has the best 4x4 shop in the Portland/Vancouver area. When I get ready to put a lift on, I want a shop that knows their s**t. I am putting either a Rock Krawler or Teraflex lift on. Thanks

NWJeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2011, 11:57 AM   #2
nwzj_jeeper
1997 ZJ 

You can try woodys 4x4 I have heard good things from friends. I'm from Vancouver too, we should hit up some trails some time, what kind of jeep you got?
nwzj_jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2011, 01:37 PM   #3
DuncsWK
2008 WK 

If Les Schwab carries the lift you want and you order it from them, they always to excellent work
DuncsWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2011, 07:16 PM   #4
tbrown206
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuncsWK
If Les Schwab carries the lift you want and you order it from them, they always to excellent work
Les schwa's prices are outrageous a lift from them wouldn't be worth it.
tbrown206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2011, 11:53 AM   #5
DuncsWK
2008 WK 

The cost of ordering it online (best price) and the labor of having my local shop install it then add on getting an alignment schwabbies was less than 100 bucks difference. and I have never been disappointed when I have used them for anything. of course, that's not to say independent shops can't be as good.

As long as you trust the shop doing the work. that's really the most important part, IMO
DuncsWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2011, 02:55 PM   #6
nighttrain98tj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

As long as thier lift will work for your purpose. Do your homework on the lift they want to install.
nighttrain98tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2011, 08:35 AM   #7
md41969
2008 JK Wrangler 

If you're just doing springs and not control arms do it yourself. Only takes a few tools, can rent/borrow a spring compressor and knock it out in a day. I've done spacers, springs and then spacers again and I've got little to no mechanical knowledge. Simply followed instructions on the lift, couple online write ups and it was done. Couple years later and no problems yet. The only place I'd get nervous is if I had to put in adjustable control arms, don't feel comfortable that I'd get those correct and would mess something up. If they were fixed, I'd go for it.
1995 Wrangler

White Jeep Club Member #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourbyFour View Post
"....you know what hurts the most, it's the lack of respect, that hurts the most.....and, and the the other thing hurts too, BUT not as much as the lack of respect..disgusting.."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob99 View Post
Your dog's head doesn't look like it belongs on his body. Is it an aftermarket head?
md41969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2011, 03:39 PM   #8
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Call Dave at Rob's Off Road in Clackamas, 503-650-6330. He's one of the best jeep guys around. He goes by MUDB8 here on the forum.
141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2011, 08:29 AM   #9
PatrickMintun
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Call The Good Guys Auto Care and Performance Center (503)788=6355
We do lifts gears bumpers cages motors transmissions lockers and more
here is a pic of my Jeep

PatrickMintun is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.