Bellingham/Whatcom County Jeepers - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Bellingham/Whatcom County Jeepers

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 03-15-2012, 08:03 PM   #121
Border Dave
Got Sand?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipJ View Post
So does Walker require a Discover Pass or a NW Forest pass?
You'll need a Discover Pass. Here's a list of vendors in Whatcom County that sell the Discover Pass: http://wdfw.wa.gov/licensing/vendors/county/WHATCOM/

Border Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2012, 08:49 PM   #122
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Damn, looks like I may have to back out. I have a hot date lined up Saturday...

I kind of want to level out my front end first before I do any trails anyway. I was rubbing quite a bit the last time out, so much that I yanked out a fender liner without realizing it until some guy behind us caught up to our group. It should go fairly quick with the ACOS, but since I'll be bringing it up about 1" or so, I'll have to redo the track bar, drag link, discos, adjust the long arms + uppers accordingly for caster and make sure my steering is still straight.

Not a big fan of the new Discover Pass system...I have an annual NW Forest Pass from REI for all of the hiking, snowshoeing and rock climbing I do, plus it works at Evans Creek, Naches and everything east along I-90. And the day passes are only half as much.

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2012, 12:43 PM   #123
Duck Dodgers
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Location: Somewhere between the Port of Indecision and South of Disorder
So I was heading up northbound I-5 in the Lake Samish area yesterday around 5pm. When we were passed by a couple of TJ's that had Walker Valley red dirt on them..... was that anyone from here? They got off on the Samish way exit. Nice Rigs BTW
Unread 03-18-2012, 12:48 PM   #124
Duck Dodgers
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Border Dave View Post
You'll need a Discover Pass. Here's a list of vendors in Whatcom County that sell the Discover Pass: http://wdfw.wa.gov/licensing/vendors/county/WHATCOM/

You can buy them at Mayberrys by the High school also. Do not by them from any State parks, they record their sales and will try to lobby for more of the share of the pie. The Discover pass will soon be transferable between to rigs now instead of one.
Unread 03-18-2012, 06:51 PM   #125
Border Dave
Got Sand?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Dodgers
You can buy them at Mayberrys by the High school also.
That was in the link I posted.

They're only $30 for a yearly pass at any of the DNR offices, but if you buy them from any of the vendors it's $35.
Unread 03-19-2012, 07:26 PM   #126
Duck Dodgers
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Border Dave View Post
That was in the link I posted.

They're only $30 for a yearly pass at any of the DNR offices, but if you buy them from any of the vendors it's $35.
So it is.....
I was not aware that DNR itself was selling them at their offices, Good to know.
Thx.

* Oops guess you can't;

Q. Where can I purchase the Discover Pass?
A. You have several options for purchasing a pass:
  1. In person at any of nearly 600 sporting goods or other retail stores that sell hunting and fishing licenses.
  2. In person at State Parks headquarters and region offices and in state parks as staff is available.
  3. Online through WDFW's online recreational licensing system.
  4. By phone at (866) 320-9933.
  5. When you renew your vehicle license. (Your pass will be mailed by the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife and should arrive between 7 to 10 business days of the purchase date.)
Unread 03-20-2012, 12:46 AM   #127
Border Dave
Got Sand?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Dodgers View Post
So it is.....
I was not aware that DNR itself was selling them at their offices, Good to know.
Thx.

* Oops guess you can't;

Q. Where can I purchase the Discover Pass?
A. You have several options for purchasing a pass:
  1. In person at any of nearly 600 sporting goods or other retail stores that sell hunting and fishing licenses.
  2. In person at State Parks headquarters and region offices and in state parks as staff is available.
  3. Online through WDFW's online recreational licensing system.
  4. By phone at (866) 320-9933.
  5. When you renew your vehicle license. (Your pass will be mailed by the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife and should arrive between 7 to 10 business days of the purchase date.)
You can buy them at any of the DNR Region Offices listed here: http://www.dnr.wa.gov/AboutDNR/Regions/Pages/Default.aspx
Unread 03-22-2012, 12:02 AM   #128
poorboy_616
1987 XJ Cherokee 

I no longer have my XJ since my move to Bellingham last year, but Hello to everyone in Whatcom County anyway!
poorboy_616 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2012, 07:02 PM   #129
Duck Dodgers
2000 TJ Wrangler 

As some of you know the North Fork area of the Nooksack has had some controversy over the years. Having been a premier wheeling spot years ago, it was closed because of a few irresponsible ORV users. The Mt. Bike community moved in and took over various trails for their use. Fast forward a few years. A co-operative group was started to open communications with various user groups who had interest in both the N.F. area and Sumas Mt. An understanding was reached that each group would keep to their own and share information with each other so that no toes would be stepped on. In theory it would have worked like a charm. However, some one on the ORV side of the group stirred the pot with DNR about the Mt. Bikers on N.F. and brought thier "activities" to DNR's attention. Fast forward to the last 60 days. Someone has again brought the "activity" at N.F. to the attention of higher ups in Olympia along with an unofficial threat of a law suit. So DNR will be gating the road up to Slide Mt. at the lower gravel pit. The are also stepping up enforcement on both Sumas Mt. side and the N.F. areas with signage posted at the entrance of every trail entrance. The are also taking crews up to remove and destroy structures and reclaim trails like they have at Rieter. Dollars are spent on something that need not have happened if mouths were kept shut. So now there will be no more snow wheeling on the roads up slide. A lot of access has now been lost due to the placement of this gate.

So be warned, if you frequent these areas they will be stepping up enforcement.
Unread 03-26-2012, 07:47 PM   #130
Peaches371
2010 JK Wrangler 

Hi there everyone! My husband and I live in Whatcom county and were looking for some fellow Jeep enthusiasts to be able to meet up and play with some time and while google'ng Jeep forums I came accross this one. Read though some of this thread already and it seems like you guys try to get together in multiple places and we would really like to get involved too :-)
Peaches371 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2012, 09:01 PM   #131
chrisjsmith4
2012 JK Wrangler 

Bienvenidos!!!! Definitely keep checking back and we'll let everyone know when we go.
Unread 03-26-2012, 10:00 PM   #132
Border Dave
Got Sand?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

I'm already starting to think about another run to Walker Valley towards the end of April or beginning of May.
Unread 03-27-2012, 08:26 AM   #133
samsonitesamson
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaches371 View Post
Hi there everyone! My husband and I live in Whatcom county and were looking for some fellow Jeep enthusiasts to be able to meet up and play with some time and while google'ng Jeep forums I came accross this one. Read though some of this thread already and it seems like you guys try to get together in multiple places and we would really like to get involved too :-)
You are just a couple miles up the road from me, I'm near Mosquito Lake Rd. I Go up North Fork rd quite a bit, as well as the trails behind the beer shrine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnabb View Post
it bolted right up, except one bolt but i didn't need it anyway
samsonitesamson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2012, 08:06 PM   #134
Peaches371
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsonitesamson View Post
You are just a couple miles up the road from me, I'm near Mosquito Lake Rd. I Go up North Fork rd quite a bit, as well as the trails behind the beer shrine.
Yeah we go up North Fork often also. We have been doing the NFD RD 37 (just past Glacier) The past few weeks just cause it is a great place to run the dogs :-) We heard that up NFD 39 in the summer time (cause winter its mostly for Snow mobiles) You can go all the way up to a clearing where you can feed the birds and they sit on your hand. But not sure that it offers any good trails. Went for a drive today and checked out the road behind the Beer Shrine and wow could we get lost up there if you don't remember what way you went at each Y... only saw 3 places that we would fit though off the main road so maybe we can run up with you sometime Samsonite and you can show us around.
Peaches371 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2012, 10:22 PM   #135
Duck Dodgers
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Word has it North Fork is going to be gated this coming Monday. The gate will be going in by the first little gravel pit. It will be closing off all the roads to Slide all the way up to the towers. So enjoy it while you can. Also DNR is going to be stepping up enforcement on Sumas as well make sure you have your Discover pass. Expect to see DNR's LEO Ron Whitehall up there more. He will give tickets if you are caught offroad on trails. This was discussed the other night at the meeting with the Mt. Bikers and DNR reps.

Just letting ya'll know. Happy wheeling.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.