Auburn/ Federal Way area - used tires and a shop. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Auburn/ Federal Way area - used tires and a shop.

Poison Spyder JK LED Taillight Wiring HarnessZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 02-07-2013, 05:00 PM   #1
THeGAME
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Auburn/ Federal Way area - used tires and a shop.

Well, Im a little bummed. got my tax return back today and I was going to take my ride to the local 4x4 shop to get some work done on it. When I called them, I found they were closed all this week!

WHA!
DAMN!

To top it off, Ive got next week off and was planning some extended over nighters. So I thought to myself, Self, I need another shop to go to.

The closest one is Auburn Car Repair. Ive been there once and they treated me OK, charging $106 to kill my death wobble. They also gave me some pretty low quotes on a few other things. but it looks like I need a back up if they are going to close for a week out of the blue..

Next is a good used tire location.
I bought my Sahara knowing It would be needing tires. Ive still got about 6mo of daily driver back and forth to work 2mi. But I dont have long trip life.

So this weekend Im going to hit up some used tire shops in Auburn and the surrounding area. Anyone know of some good ones? A few years of AT tread is good enough at this point.

Thanks for reading!

Unread 02-07-2013, 05:08 PM   #2
Washi
Rockbiter

2009 JK Wrangler 

I don't know about used tires, but I do know of another 4x4 shop. There is a decent one in Kent called Kent 4 Wheel Drive. I have been there a couple of times, and they seem to be exceptionally knowledgeable, friendly, and surprisingly well stocked for what looks to be a smaller shop. I would give them a shout and see if they can't help you spend a little of that return!
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________________________

/l ,[_____],
l----L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)
Washi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2013, 05:14 PM   #3
Washi
Rockbiter

2009 JK Wrangler 

Actually, I DO know about used tires! You need to scope out Treadwright. On my old TJ, I was kind of in the same position and needed some new treads. I got all five 31x10.5R15's in their BFG AT tread pattern with the Kedge Grip in it delivered to my door for $501. I have never had a set of tires that balance so evenly, were so smooth, and provided some MAJOR on road snow, ice, and rain, not to mention sand and dirt traction. I loved those things, AND they come with a 2 year warranty (I think). In fact, I think they were much better than the ACTUAL BFG AT's as the tread compound was softer (hence much better wet traction) and the spacing was wider as well, which aided in the offroad aspect. I would call them in a heart beat if I were you. I have never heard of any issues with them, no blow outs or anything.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________________________

/l ,[_____],
l----L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)
Unread 02-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #4
ChadH
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washi View Post
I don't know about used tires, but I do know of another 4x4 shop. There is a decent one in Kent called Kent 4 Wheel Drive. I have been there a couple of times, and they seem to be exceptionally knowledgeable, friendly, and surprisingly well stocked for what looks to be a smaller shop. I would give them a shout and see if they can't help you spend a little of that return!
Are they even there anymore? I used to go there years back but I've searched for them since and cant seem to find them.

My Build:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/majestic-eagle-1434780/
ChadH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2013, 07:12 PM   #5
Washi
Rockbiter

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
Are they even there anymore? I used to go there years back but I've searched for them since and cant seem to find them.
Oh yeah! Well, they were a year ago when I was there last. My dad has an old '90 4Runner that he's had since new (89?) with 250,000+ on it. The thing looks new on the inside, and the outside is as close to new as you could get with that many miles. It was the only place he would trust to work on it for all of it's maintenance. From ball joints and rear end seals, to oil changes. The even replaced the front valance (piece of metal under the bumper, looks like a skid but it's decoration) and had it powder coated for him to match the original color.

They helped me out a few times with my old TJ when I was there. Unless something has happened in the last year, they should still be there. It seemed to me that they had more than enough business last time I was in there. Lot of people lifting trucks for no reason, and some very serious offroad builds too.

/l ,[_____],
l----L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)
Unread 02-07-2013, 07:41 PM   #6
jonwood
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by THeGAME View Post

The closest one is Auburn Car Repair. Ive been there once and they treated me OK, charging $106 to kill my death wobble. They also gave me some pretty low quotes on a few other things. but it looks like I need a back up if they are going to close for a week out of the blue..

Not really outa the blue, there down at the Hammers for KOH week, I belive there working pits for the Crawl jeep.
Unread 02-07-2013, 07:42 PM   #7
jonwood
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washi View Post
They closed a few months ago
Unread 02-07-2013, 08:10 PM   #8
Mtb Jak
2000 XJ Cherokee 

ITS KOH! (king of the hammers) I am guessing thats where they are!

Wait for John at auburn car repair, worth it to have someone who has built all sorts of jeeps look at yours.

On a side note how did you get your return already?! I am waiting for Turbo tax to send mine in, but now it says not till mid feb. until it actually gets sent in. wth
Mtb Jak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2013, 05:18 AM   #9
Washi
Rockbiter

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwood View Post
They closed a few months ago
Oh. Boo.

/l ,[_____],
l----L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)
Unread 02-08-2013, 06:25 AM   #10
ChadH
2006 TJ Wrangler 

That's what I thought I used to drive by them all the time and I did a few months ago since it was the only good 4X4 shop I knew of in the area, but couldn't find them. I tried looking them up on bing to see if they moved...but no where to be found.

My Build:
Unread 02-08-2013, 06:55 AM   #11
Washi
Rockbiter

2009 JK Wrangler 

That's too bad. They were there in that spot for something like 30+ years too. Dang. There is always 4WD up near McChord, but that's a ways out. They'll have everything your heart desires though.

/l ,[_____],
l----L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)
Unread 02-08-2013, 05:10 PM   #12
ChadH
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah....I've been meaning to head to base too to pick up some other supplies. I might hit that place up in a few weeks.

My Build:
Unread 02-12-2013, 12:32 AM   #13
3JeepsOffroad

We can get you the parts.. We're still looking for the ideal shop space before we start bringing in Jeeps..

[B]3 Jeeps Offroad is honored to donate a portion of every sale to help our wounded heroes. For details see our webpage: [URL="http://store.3jeeps.com/Articles.asp?ID=252"]Charity Support[/URL][/B]

3 Jeeps Offroad is proud to be a [COLOR="Red"][B]Warn Authorized Retailer[/B][/COLOR].
3JeepsOffroad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2013, 08:35 AM   #14
THeGAME
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwood View Post
Not really outa the blue, there down at the Hammers for KOH week, I belive there working pits for the Crawl jeep.
Well, my blue turned to green now!

Im about to drop of my Sahara this morning at ACR.

I also go the tires covered for a few years (I hope!)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.