anyone in tacoma want to help me install a lift? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > anyone in tacoma want to help me install a lift?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 01-31-2009, 04:36 AM   #1
JIBTEXHNKA
1987 YJ Wrangler 

anyone in tacoma want to help me install a lift?

I need new leaf springs on my CJ... going from a busted old Tuff Country 2.5" to (probably) a Black Diamond 3".

problem is, I don't have most of the tools I would need, or a big garage to do it in, let alone any knowledge of HOW to do it.

I don't want to pay the big bucks for a shop to install it, but I AM willing to pay someone to help me do it. so if anyone's got a big garage and lots of free time and is willing to give me a hand, i'll at least compensate you for your time and use of tools or anything like that. i'd buy you a beer or something but they generally don't sell beer to 20-year-olds around here. sorry.

JIBTEXHNKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2009, 03:15 PM   #2
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Well I have a huge 'garage' and more than enough free time, but not any tools. All you really need though are some sockets, wrenches, a floor jack and some jackstands. If you can track those down I can pretty much do the rest.

Always smart to replace your u-bolts when you're swapping springs, too.
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2009, 09:05 PM   #3
overmaster
1997 ZJ 

well i have most the tools but no place to work on it, if you can find a place near puyallup i wouldnt mind truckin them up there. (no floor jack or jack stands)
Unread 02-05-2009, 11:46 PM   #4
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

My 'garage' is a huge empty warehouse just a few minutes from downtown Puyallup on Hwy 162 (just before Orting). 24/7 access and quiet. Anyone local that needs a place to do some wrenching is more than welcome to use it.

I might be able to borrow a jack and some stands... should know by Friday evening.

Last edited by PhilipJ; 02-06-2009 at 02:43 AM..
Unread 02-06-2009, 06:00 PM   #5
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I think I've scored a jack and some stands to use for a bit; I'll be picking them up Saturday night.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.