Any wheelers in the Seattle area? - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Any wheelers in the Seattle area?

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Reply
Unread 01-22-2013, 12:08 AM   #1
white5nine
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 131
Any wheelers in the Seattle area?

Hey guys, I am looking to meet some people around Seattle that enjoy wheeling, camping, drinking, and stuff like that. I still consider myself new to the world of wheeling, although I have had my jeep for a few years now, I would like some people who I can hit up local orv areas with, and grab a beer with when we can't wheel, etc. Just some like minded people who want to have a good time and expand their group of friends like I do. I am in the north end of seattle (near UW). Let me know if there are any clubs I can join or if you are just down to hang out sometime! Jeeping on the solo sucks! Also, I am a mechanic by trade and am great at lending a hand and also have a lot of fancy/ specialty tools if you like that sort of thing.....if not, I have a basic craftsman tool kit to bring out and I know how to use it, lol!

-Evan

white5nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 05:47 PM   #2
zjzach
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: seattle area
Posts: 1,848
Hey another Seattle area ZJ. I live in Federal Way.

some trips get posted here in advance, like that tahuya one this weekend, and the elbe snow poker run last weekend was a blast.

I also check washington virtual jeep club, wavjc.org and pnwjeeps.com for other local stuff, also hilife offroad on facebook is a good group of guys around the sound. hopefully cya around sometime.
__________________
my build/wheelin/picture thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...green-1370981/
zjzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 10:34 PM   #3
Mtb Jak
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 354
I live near 85th and I-5 and been here 18 months and havent been wheeling yet.

I am down to start finding people to go jeeping with.

pnwjeep.com is a local site but only had a meet and greet and i missed it both years.


-Jack
Mtb Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 03:00 PM   #4
white5nine
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 131
Jack,
Sorry I missed your post, not really sure how I managed to do that or I would have invited you to meet us at Belfair yesteday. I am just off of 65th over near magnuson park. I actually used to live in Ballard right on 85th and Dibble (just W of 8th). I sure don't miss having to drive 85th everyday, lol! We had a great turnout yesterday, and hopefully will do it again soon, I'll make sure to let you know when something is going on! Hope to see you around seattle

-Evan
white5nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 11:17 PM   #5
lupinsea
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kenmore, WA
Posts: 3,586
Wow, Evan, you live close to where I used to live on NE 65th and 40th Ave NE . . . just over the hill from Magnuson.

I'm up in Kenmore now, however.

Definitely tune into the forum here as runs get posted regularly. Or. . . post up a run yourself!

Check the sticky at the top of the WA subforum for suggestions on where to go. Most of those places will opening up in late spring / fall but you can run Walker, Tahuya, and probably Elbe in the winter.
__________________
- Jay
lupinsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 11:47 PM   #6
Mtb Jak
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by white5nine View Post
Jack,
Sorry I missed your post, not really sure how I managed to do that or I would have invited you to meet us at Belfair yesteday. I am just off of 65th over near magnuson park. I actually used to live in Ballard right on 85th and Dibble (just W of 8th). I sure don't miss having to drive 85th everyday, lol! We had a great turnout yesterday, and hopefully will do it again soon, I'll make sure to let you know when something is going on! Hope to see you around seattle

-Evan
Definitely let me know! Just got the jeep back from the painter today and getting excited to get it back in action for the trails!
Mtb Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 11:54 AM   #7
white5nine
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by lupinsea View Post
Wow, Evan, you live close to where I used to live on NE 65th and 40th Ave NE . . . just over the hill from Magnuson.

I'm up in Kenmore now, however.

Definitely tune into the forum here as runs get posted regularly. Or. . . post up a run yourself!

Check the sticky at the top of the WA subforum for suggestions on where to go. Most of those places will opening up in late spring / fall but you can run Walker, Tahuya, and probably Elbe in the winter.
Sorry I missed ya when you were living down here, but Kenmore isn't that far away at all. I have been lurking here for too long. This thread started the change from lurker to active member, lol. Met some guys last weekend at Belfair, and have been talking about the next run already....probably Evan's Creek, But I will definitely start a thread once we get some more plans made
white5nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 12:04 PM   #8
white5nine
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtb Jak View Post
Definitely let me know! Just got the jeep back from the painter today and getting excited to get it back in action for the trails!
Fresh paint? Excited for trails? You are crazy! I like you already! I was thinking about getting the license plate "ZJZEBRA" as I have pinstriped and dented the crap outta my rig on the trails, haha! Keep checking the washington forum, as I will post any info for future run in this forum
white5nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 06:24 PM   #9
1982cj8
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Everett, WA.
Posts: 622
Our club goes out aboutonce a month, we just had a run. I will post up the next one. 4x4xnorthwest.com
rick
__________________
Always bring a compass, it is awkward to have to eat your friends.

4X4XNORTHWEST.COM
1982cj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 03:40 AM   #10
Mtb Jak
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by white5nine View Post
Fresh paint? Excited for trails? You are crazy! I like you already! I was thinking about getting the license plate "ZJZEBRA" as I have pinstriped and dented the crap outta my rig on the trails, haha! Keep checking the washington forum, as I will post any info for future run in this forum
Ya my rig got SO much arizona pinstripping from the washes when i went to school down there, I do like to have a nice rig but also has to look slightly used! I will make a build thread when all the new parts start showing up!
Mtb Jak is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.