Used Tires In Anchorage - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Alaska Jeep Forum > Used Tires In Anchorage

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 05-18-2011, 01:33 AM   #1
Rmorel3084
2000 YJ Wrangler 

Used Tires In Anchorage

Anyone know of a good place to get a decent set of used mud terrains in the area, (anch / valley). I am planning on raising my wrangler this next winter to accomodate for some 33" tires but I would like to find something decent to use this summer. Im currently running 245/75 r 16.

Just some beater tires I can use this summer in the mud, nothing fancy. Ive been looking on craigs list but no luck.

Rmorel3084 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2011, 01:48 PM   #2
AmnWatkins
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Check out Family Flea Market on Old Seaward on the south side of town. Also on boniface near the glenn there is a junk yard of sorts that sells tires. I can't remember the name though. If you come from the glen and take the boniface exit towards debarr you'll see a tesarro a little shopping center (it's blue) on your right. Take the right hand turn just after the shopping center and follow that raod. It'll end with a gate, on the left you'll see a caged area with messed up cars and racks of hoods and doors. Go into the last building on your left and they have tires in there. I don't know how good the selection is though.
Unread 05-19-2011, 01:52 PM   #3
AmnWatkins
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I've got down time. lol. Here is a map of where the junkyard is.

hope this helps.
junkyard.jpg  
Unread 05-20-2011, 01:00 AM   #4
Rmorel3084
2000 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks I will check them tommorow. Ive been to the Junk Yard down Camelot Dr, the building on the right hand side when you get to the end. I have never bothered to look to the left though. The junk yard on the right side has been pretty good to me. I have gotten a number of parts for my jeep off a few wranglers they have sitting around. I was just there a few days ago looking for a shift linkage. Ive never noticed anything else on the left at the end of that road but ive never really looked.
Rmorel3084 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2011, 03:34 PM   #5
AmnWatkins
1994 YJ Wrangler 

You're right, right side not left. My bad.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.