Show your jeep!!! Alaska!!! - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Alaska Jeep Forum > Show your jeep!!! Alaska!!!

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Reply
Unread 03-04-2014, 05:08 PM   #46
st-4
Registered User
1976 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: alaska
Posts: 11
I have some other summer pics I have to find them right now the tires are buried in about 8inches of ice. I put it together on a shoe string so we could go jeeping down the old mining trails around here and cruse the beach in the summer. the kids have a blast when the top comes off and the windshield goes down.

st-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2014, 05:15 PM   #47
st-4
Registered User
1976 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: alaska
Posts: 11
here is a pic from safety the last check point on the Iditarod trail about 30 miles out of Nome I wont be doing this this year there is no snow just a lot of ice.
img_1884-640x480-.jpg

st-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2014, 10:11 PM   #48
HunterJohnson
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by st-4 View Post
a pic of my 76 cj5, now sporting 33x 1550 tires ,and an upright warn 8 k period correct winch. I ditched the gas guzzling v8 for a 258 inline 6 and changed power steering to manual for reliability and simplicity and welded the spider gears in the rear I get a kick out of following quads and utv's around with this full size 4x4 up here in Nome.
Great picture!
HunterJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2014, 06:38 PM   #49
RWC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: , AK
Posts: 99
There are a couple other forums, one of them namely being www.alaska4x4network.com, that a lot of the locals hang out on. I mostly come to JF for keeping up on some ZJ tech.

As for finding trails, get with the clubs. In Anchorage, we have Alaska Extreme Fourwheelers (AKX), and our sister-club in the MatSu Valley is Too Broke To Play (2B2P). In Fairbanks, I know the Fairbanks Offroad Lions are gaining in popularity, and there's Arctic Offroad. There's a long-time loose group of guys down on the Kenai that have gone back and forth with formal club organization and meetings; generally this group is the same as the Kenai Krazies, which does as much snowmachining as wheeling. In Kodiak there's Emerald Island Offroad.

Here's my Scrambler:


My wife's former 4.0 ZJ:

I'm in the process of moving all the Iceland stuff over to her new-to-us '98 5.9L ZJ.
RWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2014, 07:13 PM   #50
st-4
Registered User
1976 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: alaska
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by st-4 View Post
here is a pic from safety the last check point on the Iditarod trail about 30 miles out of Nome I wont be doing this this year there is no snow just a lot of ice.
this is a picture of my 63 st-4 snow trac. allis chalmers did make what was called a snow jeep during ww-2. the snow jeep has a willies jeep flat head and a short set of weasel style tracks in the rear and ski gear in the front with optional wheels. they are kind of rare now days every now and then one pops up on the internet I know one locally. the guy won't part with it. ever get an interest Google up m-7 snow jeep
st-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2014, 10:00 PM   #51
HunterJohnson
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWC View Post
There are a couple other forums, one of them namely being www.alaska4x4network.com, that a lot of the locals hang out on. I mostly come to JF for keeping up on some ZJ tech.

As for finding trails, get with the clubs. In Anchorage, we have Alaska Extreme Fourwheelers (AKX), and our sister-club in the MatSu Valley is Too Broke To Play (2B2P). In Fairbanks, I know the Fairbanks Offroad Lions are gaining in popularity, and there's Arctic Offroad. There's a long-time loose group of guys down on the Kenai that have gone back and forth with formal club organization and meetings; generally this group is the same as the Kenai Krazies, which does as much snowmachining as wheeling. In Kodiak there's Emerald Island Offroad.

Here's my Scrambler:


My wife's former 4.0 ZJ:

I'm in the process of moving all the Iceland stuff over to her new-to-us '98 5.9L ZJ.
Sweet Scambler and I've heard of the Fairbanks Offroad Lions and my dad went wheeling with them once. I check their forum about every other day but it's pretty dead. Only a couple guys on there and they normally don't post daily.
HunterJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2014, 11:24 PM   #52
MrSundays
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hampton, VA
Posts: 658
So I bought my TJ (only pics I have are from when I got it from the dealership and Im reserving those for the build) back in the summer when I was trying to get orders to Edwards with no luck, then popped some for Elmo. Ill be sure to get yall some shots after the first stage of the build is complete. Im coming off a deployment soon so the TJ will undergo a facelift during R&R. Lots of moderately built rigs so far.
__________________
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/syd-tj-slower-than-molasses-2368441/#post22540729"]Syd the Sloth Build[/URL]

[B]F-22 Specialist[/B]
MrSundays is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2014, 12:15 AM   #53
HunterJohnson
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSundays View Post
So I bought my TJ (only pics I have are from when I got it from the dealership and Im reserving those for the build) back in the summer when I was trying to get orders to Edwards with no luck, then popped some for Elmo. Ill be sure to get yall some shots after the first stage of the build is complete. Im coming off a deployment soon so the TJ will undergo a facelift during R&R. Lots of moderately built rigs so far.
Wait are you moving up here?
HunterJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2014, 01:40 AM   #54
MrSundays
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hampton, VA
Posts: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterJohnson
Wait are you moving up here?
Yeah around August.

Sent from my pocket brick
__________________
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/syd-tj-slower-than-molasses-2368441/#post22540729"]Syd the Sloth Build[/URL]

[B]F-22 Specialist[/B]
MrSundays is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2014, 10:07 PM   #55
MPjeeper
Registered User
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Palmer, AK
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSundays View Post
Yeah around August.

Sent from my pocket brick
Picked a good time to come up.
__________________
11 JKU Rubi - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/alaska-night-crawler-2246225/
MPjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2014, 01:45 PM   #56
HunterJohnson
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSundays View Post
Yeah around August.

Sent from my pocket brick
Awesome always good to have another Jeep up here. Do you plan on hunting at all?
HunterJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2014, 10:11 PM   #57
MrSundays
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hampton, VA
Posts: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterJohnson View Post
Awesome always good to have another Jeep up here. Do you plan on hunting at all?
Im sure once I get settled in I will. The first hunting I am doing is for a place to live...
__________________
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/syd-tj-slower-than-molasses-2368441/#post22540729"]Syd the Sloth Build[/URL]

[B]F-22 Specialist[/B]
MrSundays is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2014, 01:08 AM   #58
MPjeeper
Registered User
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Palmer, AK
Posts: 163
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...awler-2246225/

Build that I am doing right now.
__________________
11 JKU Rubi - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/alaska-night-crawler-2246225/
MPjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2014, 08:42 PM   #59
Ken3783
Member
 
Ken3783's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sitka, AK
Posts: 319
This is my rig.

__________________
"I hesitate to articulate for fear that I may speculate...in short, I do not know."

"The locks on my doors are for your protection not mine."

My YJ Build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...rship-1481851/
Ken3783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2014, 08:50 PM   #60
MrSundays
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hampton, VA
Posts: 658
Whats yalls suggestions on winter tires? Im planning on ordering some Duratracs here soon from what I hear they are one of the best in the snow/overall. Im going to be running a 33" at r15. Dont plan on driving it much during the winter as Im buying a winter rat.
__________________
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/syd-tj-slower-than-molasses-2368441/#post22540729"]Syd the Sloth Build[/URL]

[B]F-22 Specialist[/B]
MrSundays is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.