Jeep Clubs in Fairbanks? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Alaska Jeep Forum > Jeep Clubs in Fairbanks?

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-25-2011, 05:37 PM   #1
The_Trooper
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Jeep Clubs in Fairbanks?

New to AK in General, stationed up here in FT Wainwright, currently having fun exploring around post and up north of FBX.

Anyone up here? I see tons of jeeps everywhere on post...

The_Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2011, 11:52 PM   #2
Cool92yj
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Welcome to Alaska ready for the snow I'm down in Anchorage area but I know of some clubs in the fairbanks area, frozen axles club and denali off road club also check out alaska4x4network.com
Unread 09-27-2011, 12:43 AM   #3
Brando5185
2006 WK 

Alaska4x4network hasn't been working for me. I registered but it wont let me on.
Brando5185 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2011, 02:15 AM   #4
The_Trooper
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool92yj View Post
Welcome to Alaska ready for the snow I'm down in Anchorage area but I know of some clubs in the fairbanks area, frozen axles club and denali off road club also check out alaska4x4network.com
I heard about the Frozen Axles... I don't know if it was them but read somewhere about a club and I remember seeing it had all these rules and regulations and you had to pay to be a member there, and they all voted you in and out

Probably going to start something on post as well with some Jeeping buddies to get it going.
Unread 10-02-2011, 09:11 PM   #5
silvergoat
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Heres a link to a fairbanks club.
http://www.fairbanksoffroadlions.com....php?styleid=1

There's the right wheelbase for every obstacle and the right obstacle for every wheelbase.
silvergoat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2011, 11:35 AM   #6
AKGeo
Web Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Trooper View Post
I heard about the Frozen Axles... I don't know if it was them but read somewhere about a club and I remember seeing it had all these rules and regulations and you had to pay to be a member there, and they all voted you in and out

Probably going to start something on post as well with some Jeeping buddies to get it going.
Yup, old post, but I've been around the block and apparently all the other replies are from non-Fairbanksans.

All of the fairbanks clubs work that way. Annual dues...the lions have the highest...frozen axles and arctic offroad have lower dues but also are not as active in the community or for trail advocating as the lions are, regardless of what they may show. There are always a few from each that are active with these things, but the whole Lions club has the International Lions seal backing it up, and are the only ones so far to have completely organized and hosted a community event that has given the Fairbanks offroad community a fresh start in peoples' minds.

But the dues and vote-in thing is definitely a negative, at least to me. But it's evolved into that over years of inactive "members", perceived overuse of the forums as a communication tool instead of face to face, etc.

But yeah...those three are your only bets up here. If you're not a joiner (same here), might want to find some other like-minded individuals and start one up yourself. Bear in mind that there are some off-the-beaten-path non-joiners up here that have a reputation for being irresponsible wheelers.
AKGeo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2011, 11:44 PM   #7
Heavy D
2007 JK Wrangler 

Here's the other links for the ones in the Fairbanks area.

www.frozenaxles.com
www.arcticoffroad.com

I'm stationed here too and just got up here a month ago. I'm supposed to leave for Afghanistan this week so I haven't really checked them out yet and can't give any opinion. When I get back in April I'll look into it more.

There's always www.military jeepers.com too if you're just looking for people to wheel with.
Heavy D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2011, 04:11 PM   #8
The_Trooper
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKGeo View Post
Yup, old post, but I've been around the block and apparently all the other replies are from non-Fairbanksans.

All of the fairbanks clubs work that way. Annual dues...the lions have the highest...frozen axles and arctic offroad have lower dues but also are not as active in the community or for trail advocating as the lions are, regardless of what they may show. There are always a few from each that are active with these things, but the whole Lions club has the International Lions seal backing it up, and are the only ones so far to have completely organized and hosted a community event that has given the Fairbanks offroad community a fresh start in peoples' minds.

But the dues and vote-in thing is definitely a negative, at least to me. But it's evolved into that over years of inactive "members", perceived overuse of the forums as a communication tool instead of face to face, etc.

But yeah...those three are your only bets up here. If you're not a joiner (same here), might want to find some other like-minded individuals and start one up yourself. Bear in mind that there are some off-the-beaten-path non-joiners up here that have a reputation for being irresponsible wheelers.
Late response, want to wheel together? Yea not into the whole fees etc.. Where should I start to make one?
Unread 02-05-2012, 09:42 PM   #9
DustinWJ
1999 WJ 

i just moved up hear with my wife that is also stationed at wainwright got a 99 grand cherokee wj. big time into vehicle modifications being that my main business, i am also looking into hanging out with some other fellow jeep members since my wife has all the friends and i dont have any now lol
DustinWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.