JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Alaska Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f312/)
-   -   Jeep Clubs in Fairbanks? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f312/jeep-clubs-fairbanks-1269222/)

The_Trooper 09-25-2011 04:37 PM

Jeep Clubs in Fairbanks?

New to AK in General, stationed up here in FT Wainwright, currently having fun exploring around post and up north of FBX.

Anyone up here? I see tons of jeeps everywhere on post...:D

Cool92yj 09-25-2011 10:52 PM

Welcome to Alaska ready for the snow:thumbsup: I'm down in Anchorage area but I know of some clubs in the fairbanks area, frozen axles club and denali off road club also check out alaska4x4network.com

Brando5185 09-26-2011 11:43 PM

Alaska4x4network hasn't been working for me. I registered but it wont let me on.

The_Trooper 09-27-2011 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool92yj (Post 12226094)
Welcome to Alaska ready for the snow:thumbsup: I'm down in Anchorage area but I know of some clubs in the fairbanks area, frozen axles club and denali off road club also check out alaska4x4network.com

I heard about the Frozen Axles... I don't know if it was them but read somewhere about a club and I remember seeing it had all these rules and regulations and you had to pay to be a member there, and they all voted you in and out :laugh:

Probably going to start something on post as well with some Jeeping buddies to get it going.

silvergoat 10-02-2011 08:11 PM

Heres a link to a fairbanks club.
http://www.fairbanksoffroadlions.com....php?styleid=1

AKGeo 11-12-2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Trooper (Post 12232039)
I heard about the Frozen Axles... I don't know if it was them but read somewhere about a club and I remember seeing it had all these rules and regulations and you had to pay to be a member there, and they all voted you in and out :laugh:

Probably going to start something on post as well with some Jeeping buddies to get it going.

Yup, old post, but I've been around the block and apparently all the other replies are from non-Fairbanksans.

All of the fairbanks clubs work that way. Annual dues...the lions have the highest...frozen axles and arctic offroad have lower dues but also are not as active in the community or for trail advocating as the lions are, regardless of what they may show. There are always a few from each that are active with these things, but the whole Lions club has the International Lions seal backing it up, and are the only ones so far to have completely organized and hosted a community event that has given the Fairbanks offroad community a fresh start in peoples' minds.

But the dues and vote-in thing is definitely a negative, at least to me. But it's evolved into that over years of inactive "members", perceived overuse of the forums as a communication tool instead of face to face, etc.

But yeah...those three are your only bets up here. If you're not a joiner (same here), might want to find some other like-minded individuals and start one up yourself. Bear in mind that there are some off-the-beaten-path non-joiners up here that have a reputation for being irresponsible wheelers.

Heavy D 11-26-2011 10:44 PM

Here's the other links for the ones in the Fairbanks area.

www.frozenaxles.com
www.arcticoffroad.com

I'm stationed here too and just got up here a month ago. I'm supposed to leave for Afghanistan this week so I haven't really checked them out yet and can't give any opinion. When I get back in April I'll look into it more.

There's always www.military jeepers.com too if you're just looking for people to wheel with.

The_Trooper 12-21-2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKGeo (Post 12490678)
Yup, old post, but I've been around the block and apparently all the other replies are from non-Fairbanksans.

All of the fairbanks clubs work that way. Annual dues...the lions have the highest...frozen axles and arctic offroad have lower dues but also are not as active in the community or for trail advocating as the lions are, regardless of what they may show. There are always a few from each that are active with these things, but the whole Lions club has the International Lions seal backing it up, and are the only ones so far to have completely organized and hosted a community event that has given the Fairbanks offroad community a fresh start in peoples' minds.

But the dues and vote-in thing is definitely a negative, at least to me. But it's evolved into that over years of inactive "members", perceived overuse of the forums as a communication tool instead of face to face, etc.

But yeah...those three are your only bets up here. If you're not a joiner (same here), might want to find some other like-minded individuals and start one up yourself. Bear in mind that there are some off-the-beaten-path non-joiners up here that have a reputation for being irresponsible wheelers.

Late response, want to wheel together?:cheers2: Yea not into the whole fees etc.. Where should I start to make one?

DustinWJ 02-05-2012 08:42 PM

i just moved up hear with my wife that is also stationed at wainwright got a 99 grand cherokee wj. big time into vehicle modifications being that my main business, i am also looking into hanging out with some other fellow jeep members since my wife has all the friends and i dont have any now lol

The time now is 09:27 PM.