Alaska - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Alaska Jeep Forum > Alaska

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Artec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!

Unread 03-19-2011, 09:30 PM   #31
Cool92yj
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Hey guys Im down for starting a club up with out all the dues n stuff, live in wasilla and just bought a second car so dont have to worry about breaking the jeep, Iv been out to jims creek and maud trails but it gets boring by myself we need to get a trip going soon.

Unread 03-19-2011, 10:25 PM   #32
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240Dbio View Post
also, we can change the name if we don't like it. And not sure if it needs to be. "Jeepers" or "Jeeper's"
What he said.

Need a server? Buy this one!

COTM - October 2012!

If you want to help the sport of offroading visit the EnviroBeat Forum!

Blue Ribbon Coalition | Idaho State 4x4 Association | UFWDA | NAXJA | The KAT Team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!
ChiliPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2011, 09:35 AM   #33
240Dbio
2010 JK Wrangler 

So we going to get a trip going soon? From what I read we need to worry the winter break up. This might be against forum rules so if it is I apologize and please delete my post. "http://www.militaryjeepers.com/community/showthread.php?21107-JBER-Anchorage-region/page7" But I Found AKX club. Not sure if the charge dues or what? But something I just found.

Also, I found a trail rating guide made by "The Last Frontier Four wheelers" http://www.akextreme4x4.com/Club_Web...l_Ratings.html and rated by Alaska Extreme for Wheelers.

Maybe give us an idea of where to go. Let's at least get a date put down or see if we can join up with these AKX guys.
240Dbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2011, 11:29 PM   #34
Cool92yj
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Hey man thanks alot for that trail rating link I really want to do the B-29 trail because the B-29 is still up their since it crashed back in the day and would be cool to see it.
But yea we need to set a date maybe when it gets a little warmer and the tops can come off maybe next month.
Unread 04-09-2011, 03:13 AM   #35
Cool92yj
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Me and a few buddies are heading out to jims creek tomorrow for some camping and wheeling as long as the wind stays away we will camp. Might attempt to make it to the glacier but depends if we can make it across the river safely. let me know if any of you guys want to come.
Unread 04-22-2011, 07:27 AM   #36
Woods0319
2003 WJ 

Lets go....

Yo fellas,
Ill be getting back from Japan here pretty soon. Been up in AK for a couple of years and got into the jeep scene. Would love to know what everyone is up to? Maybe get a trip together or just go rid around jim's, hatchers...where ever really. Still workin the upgrades to the jeep (arent we all) but am down if anyone else is. Ill be back in town around the 25th so hit me up if anyone is interested.
Woods0319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2011, 07:38 AM   #37
AmnWatkins
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I'm always down so long as I don't have weekend duty. I know I do next weekend. you can always PM me about a trip. Are you on Military Jeepers (I'm guessing you're mil due to the fact you were in Japan and are coming back to Alaska)?
Unread 05-01-2011, 07:46 PM   #38
krnkimchi702
1995 XJ Cherokee 

wow.. just found this thread.. i hate going to jims or even think about going on a new trail just by my self... lets get something going..
krnkimchi702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2011, 07:23 AM   #39
AmnWatkins
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I hate going to Jims in general, yet i always end up there lol. I'm trying to find somthing to do soon before my wife deploys. Maybe this weekend we can do a Hatcher pass run or buffalo mine. I'll take Jims creek even, she enjoys riding with me and I want to get her one more trip before she leaves at the end of this month.
Unread 05-03-2011, 07:26 AM   #40
AmnWatkins
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer View Post
When did the Alaska 4x4 Forum go private? I can't even view it for some reason?
It has been some time now. The whole thing started with some green peace type going on there and using the forum to their advantage. Or so I've been told.
Unread 05-03-2011, 07:36 AM   #41
AmnWatkins
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Okay, so I tried to join the Alaskan Jeepers on FB and had no luck.

I'm down to join a club that goes out more then once a month. I always seem to be working those weekends. We need to expand our reach up here, there are a lot of Jeeps but there seems to be a lack in conectivity.

If you ever see me in my OD green YJ, flag me down and we can exchange contact info. I like wheeling and shooting. I just built my jeep this winter and haven't really got to break it in yet other then three short Jims trips. I want to do hatcher, B-29, Ruby lake, or Buffalo Mine. I'm not picky really.

Holler at me either on the street or through the forum (i'm also on MilitaryJeepers with the same handle).
Unread 05-03-2011, 11:03 AM   #42
krnkimchi702
1995 XJ Cherokee 

same here...workin on weekends/random schedule.. i have a red xj with a license plate of nomn0m
krnkimchi702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2011, 11:48 PM   #43
XJinAK

I go every weekend up here. I live out in eagle river and my roommate has a Cherokee on 37s you may have seen. We go with a group of local guys that know all the trails around here. If you want to go let me know.541-272-7224 name is Jeremy
XJinAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2011, 01:42 PM   #44
AK05LJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Is anyone planning on going to the Kinik clean up on the 21st? I normally go every year and it's a pretty good place to connect with some other 4x4's.
AK05LJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2011, 01:24 AM   #45
AmnWatkins
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I'm going with my wife to lend a hand and meet some new folks.

Also, I think i'm going to do a shooting trip in Sutton then do some wheeling at Buffalo Mine this weekend. If anyone is interested let me know.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.