JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Alaska Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f312/)
-   -   Alaska (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f312/alaska-1100933/)

AKJoy 09-11-2010 05:29 PM

Alaska

Looking to connect with locals. I saw the Fairbanks group, but you all are too far north. Look for MatSu Valley/Anchorage folks. AND where are the best trails? I want to break in a few rides before I have to take the 33's off.

RicerwannaB 09-11-2010 10:08 PM

Im in Wasilla also, Im picking my XJ up on monday, My roomate also has an XJ. We are new to the area. Just moved up here last week, and we've wouldent mind finding some spots to go wheeling and are looking for a few shops around here that sell aftermarket parts for our jeeps. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

240Dbio 09-14-2010 03:22 PM

I'm down. I'm in anchorage with not much wheeling experience other then playing in the mud and driving through the woods.

RicerwannaB 09-14-2010 05:50 PM

Are there any good aftermarket shops in anchorage where we could pick up a few items that you know of?

240Dbio 09-14-2010 11:55 PM

I've been asking and searching this question HIGH AND LOW. I called northern 4x4 last saturday left a message and no response. I can only assume he doesn't have a store anymore. The only other place I know of is "ultimate performance" I think they are more of a shop then a store, but I think they can order the products you want, but thats what the internet is for. Heck if you find something LET ME KNOW!

RicerwannaB 09-15-2010 09:00 PM

Yeah, only problem with the Internet is shipping costs an arm and a leg. I was just looking to see what kind of prices the local shops would charge for a lift and see if it was even worth buying local or just ordering off line and paying the shipping charges.

AmnWatkins 09-16-2010 07:14 PM

Northern 4x4 is still operational. He runs the shop by himself so he may get overwhelmed. His number is (907)279-4444 just in case you have a different number. I bought my lift through him (on back order) and he's been real helpful, good guy. He closes at 1700 or but has call forwardig set up.

I'm on JBER btw down in Anc. Jims Creek is alright, nothing really all that difficult. Good place for a small day trip or camping. Some mud and trails (pretty tight at places so you may get some scratches from trees and other brush). Hatchers pass is supposed to be pretty cool too, but i've yet to venture out that direction (in between Palmer and Wasila). There are other places as well, look on Alaska 4x4 Network - Powered by vBulletin cause there isn't a lot of us on JF.

PM me if you guys ever plan on going on a day trip, I'll be at Jims this Saturday.

AmnWatkins 09-16-2010 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RicerwannaB (Post 10132502)
Yeah, only problem with the Internet is shipping costs an arm and a leg. I was just looking to see what kind of prices the local shops would charge for a lift and see if it was even worth buying local or just ordering off line and paying the shipping charges.

I got my 4" RE lift for my YJ from Northern 4x4 for $1000.00 i'd recomend going through local because they get discounts on everything whereas a 4" RC lift cost ~$400 and then another 400 on shipping. I got a superior lift for only $200 more.

Best of luck.:cheers2:

RicerwannaB 09-17-2010 02:35 PM

I Tried that link you posted. It didnt work, Took me to a link on jeepforum, about city bank or something like that? But thanks for the info, im going to have to go check that out.

AKJoy 09-18-2010 02:27 AM

Hatcher Pass has been my playground these last few weeks. I'm heading to Healy to hunt this weekend, so my 33s are off :thumbdown:, but hey...better safe than sorry. I've been boogying ArchAngel Trail....nice! Put a few munchkins in the back seat and boogy the last two miles of the trail...the giggles and laughs are awesome!!

Oh, I saw two jeeps up there these week....one red with black hardtop and 33s wide, and another one that was a strange colour. So there are plenty of us down here. Are any of you snowboarders also? We'll be back in Hatcher Pass this winter for that.

Aside from that, I don't know anywhere else in the Valley. But I plan to find out.

RicerwannaB 09-18-2010 05:19 PM

I plan on picking up a snowboard for this year. And I'll be hitting up hatchets pass for sure

igrok 09-18-2010 09:28 PM

Guys, I just wanted to post and say I want to go to Alaska so bad I'm brooding over it! I have been looking at jobs up there and found several, now just gotta convince the wife.

I don't know what it is, but something up there's calling me.

AmnWatkins 09-20-2010 06:44 PM

I'll be in Hatchers Pass a lot this winter on the board, mt two favorite things are Jeeping and boarding. We should do a JF Alaska meet and greet some time, meet some place with good wheeling and bring out some grills. Make a day of it or something.

AKJoy 01-22-2011 11:26 AM

Hatcher Pass - Finally!

We got SNOW!! Lots of fluffy stuff! Who's on for Hatcher this weekend?? I know two of you are local so ping me as soon as you read this!

huntandfish 02-03-2011 09:17 AM

I'd love to see some wheeling pics from alaska.

The time now is 11:29 AM.