1979 ford to jeep swap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Alaska Jeep Forum > 1979 ford to jeep swap

Bds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockRubicon express discounts from oconee off-roadRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba

Unread 03-08-2014, 10:26 PM   #1
alaskageo

Yj 1979 ford to jeep swap

Hello All new to posting so be easy on me. I have a 1990 jeep yj I am currently taking down to the frame and doing a full overhaul on. I also just picked up a 1979 ford f150 and I'm looking to use as much stuff off it as I can the ford has the transmission I need NP-435 a 302 motor (actually comes with an extra 302) and it comes with a 9 in lift. what are so key things to look into when swapping the axles with the lift. I know the front will have to be converted from leaf spring to coil and thats awesome, but I've never done that operation before. Thanks for the help in advance.

alaskageo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2014, 07:17 PM   #2
MPjeeper
2011 JK Wrangler 

Interesting... Lets see some pictures of what your are working with.
Unread 04-01-2014, 07:25 PM   #3
MPjeeper
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskageo View Post
key things to look into when swapping the axles with the lift. I know the front will have to be converted from leaf spring to coil and thats awesome, but I've never done that operation before. Thanks for the help in advance.
Front axle, pinion Drop side from your transfer case" If you plan and going to coils from leaf spring.. ensure control arms wont make contact with driveshaft or the frame" , Axle Gear ratio to tire size you plan on using, Axle width. just some of the things. 9inches of lift is alot for a jeep. my 2cent.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.