Zone 4" lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Zone 4" lift

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-03-2011, 05:31 PM   #1
binck821
2008 JK Wrangler 

Zone 4" lift

I'm about to buy the zone 4 inch lift, and i wanted to hear your opinions on the lift and if i should buy any thing extra that does not come with the kit. Thanks.

binck821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 06:02 PM   #2
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

your gonna catch cracks from some members about searching but i'll help save you the trouble. i too was looking at the zone 4" lift and heres what i found.

there are a couple of guys running them and loving it (apollo is one of them..search for his build thread). from what i've read many of their kits in the past had problems, but now have all been resolved. for those who do decided on purchasing zone, they ended up ordering a much beefier adjustable track bar, some even purchased better control arms that are adjustable. i cant speak of experience cause i dont have this kit, but from my own research, those who do have them love them with no complaints (they just ordered what i stated above).

of course, with 4" lift you increase the chance of DW and if you dont have a u joint shaft, at that height it is recommended. thats why for my usage, i think the IRO 3" kit is perfect for my use.
alwaysHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 06:21 PM   #3
patrick983
2000 WJ 

as far as the "cheap" lift kits go, its one of the better ones. i would have a little money set aside incase you find you need some extra pieces, such as adjustable upper control arms or new tie-rod ends. ever jeep is different due to age, condition, etc so its hard to say if you'll need anyhing else. plenty of people run the kit with just what was included. as with anything in life though, you get what you pay for. its not a bad kit, but there are better (and more $$) ones out there.
Unread 01-03-2011, 06:53 PM   #4
Ridin' Around
1999 WJ 

I've got one, very happy with it. I added the steering stabilizer, & a set of JKS disconects.
Ridin' Around is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 11:16 PM   #5
Mcdunn
2004 WJ 

Ive got one and love it. they actually made a different track bar now that is beefy. It is actually the same size as my Brothers JKS. or right abouts.
04 WJ Special Edition, 4.7, 4" Zone Lift, 1.5" RC Wheel Spacers, 265/75/16 MTR TreadWrights, Custom Rock Sliders, Adj Trac Bar, 15% tint, 3" Exhaust Y-pipe Back w/ Magnaflow, De-badged, Tinted Taillights, Rola Rack, Pro Comp Lights, Hi-lift, 6000k HID's.
Mcdunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 11:40 PM   #6
tehgregzor
2004 WJ 

Wj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcdunn View Post
different track bar now that is beefy. It is actually the same size as my Brothers JKS. or right abouts.
Alright, that's good news. I have been looking really hard at the zone 4", and even talked to the Vendor here on the forums to get free shipping. I think since they've improved the track bar, that it will be a great match for my WJ.
tehgregzor is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.