Wont Start 1st Time - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Wont Start 1st Time

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-26-2013, 03:12 PM   #16
bobknott
2001 WJ 

How about a failing starter relay. Could that give these symptoms?

bobknott is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 05:53 PM   #17
dsodko
2002 WJ 

Wj

Battery leads can be bad internally and cause strange starting problems. Both Positive and Negative. You never know but it can be a cheep fix !
dsodko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 07:35 AM   #18
bobknott
2001 WJ 

So battery is tested & good. Charge is 14V on the gauge. I have swapped the relay in the PDC. The battery earth was so tight I couldn't loosen it so I wire brushed & copper greased it. The ambient temperature is warmer today & the car started without any problems. So now it is a case of wait & see.
Unread 02-13-2013, 12:33 PM   #19
bobknott
2001 WJ 

Not good. Today was cold & wet. The Jeep was parked all day & when I tried to start her all I got was click. This went on for 30 minutes then she fired on the turn of the key. Drove for an hour, got home switched off & the back on again & click.... nothing. Wait a few seconds, tried again & she started. She kept on starting a few times. So what is it? Starter motor??
Unread 02-16-2013, 02:58 PM   #20
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobknott
Not good. Today was cold & wet. The Jeep was parked all day & when I tried to start her all I got was click. This went on for 30 minutes then she fired on the turn of the key. Drove for an hour, got home switched off & the back on again & click.... nothing. Wait a few seconds, tried again & she started. She kept on starting a few times. So what is it? Starter motor??
Starter

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #21
bobknott
2001 WJ 

Starter motor changed & problem is apparently gone

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.