WJ's in deep - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > WJ's in deep

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 07-08-2013, 01:15 PM   #16
Double E
2000 Laredo V8

2000 WJ 

Testing how far till the sand drops to soup...

Changes & fixes: Rear Addco sway bar & greasble bushings, upgraded headlights, upgraded tail lights, new hood struts (replaced 2X), new rear hatchglass struts, new radiator (replaced 3X), new oil pressure sending unit (replaced 4X), 2 new speed sensors, 2 new door lock actuators, new ignition key cylinder, chrome front tow hooks, Mobil 1 Synthetic 5/30, Purolator Pure One oil filter, EBC slotted & dimpled rotors, EBC Greenstuff pads, new front shocks (replaced 3X), new rear shocks (replaced 2X), new IRO steering stabilizer, new timing chain cover, new water pump, thermostat, new thermostat housing, new high pressure power steering hose, Michelin-X radials, new sunroof assembly, new single-piece lug nuts, new exhaust manifold studs & gasket on driver's side, new Durango alternator. Jeepforum.com sticker, Visit cobaltboatsforum.com when you can!
Double E is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2013, 05:38 PM   #17
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

No pics but im happy to take mine in to the top of the cladding and have done many times with no water getting in axles or interior. In last years floods I accidentally had water over the bonnet (ok hood!) but managed to keep going fast enough to form a good bow wave. No after effects except the alternator would not charge for a couple of miles until the water drained out of it!
Unread 07-08-2013, 11:44 PM   #18
zephyr80
2000 WJ 

Here's mine

Sent from your back seat!!!
new.jpg

zephyr80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 12:14 AM   #19
silentbob21
2004 WJ 

not too deep here... but there are more pics of a much deeper hole I just dont have them

silentbob21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2013, 09:17 AM   #20
rcwj04
2004 WJ 

Just a tad bit deep, ended up with water seeping through the door seals.
image-2232221311.jpg

Quote:
You forget that most members here don't own a crystal ball to tell you exactly what your problem is, specially with bad pictures that don't say/show much of anything... -Jacko84

Just a 19 year old kid with a Jeep, and broke because of it, and loving every moment.
---------------------------------------------------------------
2004 WJ Laredo 4.0 116k
2" BDS coils & Bilstein 5100's | Addco rear swaybar with energy bushings |
K&N FIPK | glasspack | plasti-dipped badges | 17" moabs | HID's, 245/65/17 Cooper Discover AT3 | Rola rack | Fawkes stand alone shackle tabs | Bed lined interior (what a pain that was)
rcwj04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2013, 09:39 AM   #21
bugaboots
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaitalia View Post
No pics but im happy to take mine in to the top of the cladding and have done many times with no water getting in axles or interior. In last years floods I accidentally had water over the bonnet (ok hood!) but managed to keep going fast enough to form a good bow wave. No after effects except the alternator would not charge for a couple of miles until the water drained out of it!
I dont think that i would want to try that with mine being a gasser. Now if i had the diesel like you, that would be a different story.
Unread 07-11-2013, 10:35 AM   #22
JayhawkADV
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double E View Post
Testing how far till the sand drops to soup...

Oh no SALT water!!!
JayhawkADV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2013, 07:28 AM   #23
MattG60
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85IrocZ-28 View Post
No snorkel here, just launching the boat about 150 feet offshore:

Bear Lake has areas that very gradually slope down into the lake, and you have to back pretty far out.
this is an amazing photo. I would be very tempted to drive a little fast out of that spot.
MattG60 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2013, 11:58 PM   #24
Olese
2000 WJ 

Soooo close! I was doing okay until my front end dropped into a hole (I guess that I should say a hole in a hole!). The front was about a foot and a half lower than the back. As the interior filled, the tow strap that we had broke. We had to bail water until my friends could get back with another strap. My son was in the back seat bailing water until they returned. If he hadn't been bailing, it would have reached the fuse box!
wj-sunk2.jpg  
wj-sunk-inside.jpg

Olese is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2013, 12:04 AM   #25
Olese
2000 WJ 

That is awesome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphine View Post

My Old green WJ in Water

Olese is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2013, 06:35 AM   #26
Notabene
2004 WJ 

Just this morning...My first time.

This isn't deep, but I was stuck on the axle for long enough, while I sorted the winch recovery, to swamp inside. Amp is fried, that's all so far. Stripped out the interior and dried it out. Left carpet out until it dries. Probably take a few days. It's very thick and heavy.

It got to here at the worst point.

Notabene is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2013, 09:51 AM   #27
zephyr80
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notabene View Post
Just this morning...My first time.

This isn't deep, but I was stuck on the axle for long enough, while I sorted the winch recovery, to swamp inside. Amp is fried, that's all so far. Stripped out the interior and dried it out. Left carpet out until it dries. Probably take a few days. It's very thick and heavy.

It got to here at the worst point.
Well with my brilliant deduction of the steering wheel and keys being on the wrong side of the car, that puddle gave you a soggy bottom!!!

Unread 07-14-2013, 05:13 PM   #28
RIPNBST
2004 WJ 

So much for that snorkel. By the looks of it if you were ever in deep enough for your motor to need a snorkel you'd likely need one too.
RIPNBST is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2013, 07:26 PM   #29
04dubjay

I'd never subject my dub to this! Youre all crazy! lol
Unread 07-14-2013, 07:59 PM   #30
zephyr80
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04dubjay View Post
I'd never subject my dub to this! Youre all crazy! lol
I always poke puddles with a stick before i drive in

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.