Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

WJ Wont move unless high rpms

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  MichiganDuck 
#1 ·
My uncles Jeep is an 04 Limited 4.7 with Quadra-trac 2. He just got the diffs serviced and drove it home. Now it wont move unless you put it into high rpms. Noticed the ground strap on the trans was broke, but we grounded that and no change. The trans just seems like it wont engage, regardless of gear (reverse, drive, 2, 1)... Shifted into 4lo, and still wouldnt move. Shifting back into 4hi, and it grinded a little as if it was receiving input. Still wouldnt move.

Any thoughts?

#5 ·
Yea, P0700 will need further scanning to determine what it is. P0455 could just be a worn or loose gas cap.

#8 ·
Might be in limp mode? Mine did that after stalling a bunch of times .. finally it gave me a check engine light and found out it was a p0700. Seemed like it was stuck in 3rd gear or something. Drove it about 8 miles.. seems fine now.

#9 ·
Yes in limp mode with the 0700 code so it's in one gear hence why it won't move very well.

Could be a bad Tcm or ??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.