WJ trailer hitch install/info Q's - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > WJ trailer hitch install/info Q's

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSpiderwebshade @ JeepHut.com

Unread 02-25-2012, 01:16 PM   #1
wyattrhicks
2002 TJ Wrangler 

WJ trailer hitch install/info Q's

i have a 2000 WJ but mine didnt come with a factory hitch, and wondering if i order a hitch..would my jeep have that plug in harness that is somewhere in the tailgate..for my hitch to plug into, even though i dont have a factory hitch? thanks in advance for any info.

Unread 02-25-2012, 02:37 PM   #2
PhantomWJ
2003 WJ 

your WJ would have the female end of the plug in harness, you would have to source a new one from e-trailer or a used one from somewhere and then its plug and play from there....

also, you would need the bezel for the rear bumper....

I have a bezel for nearly free on the classifieds there is also another member selling the hitch, bezel, and wiring harness (i think) also on the classifieds...
PhantomWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2012, 02:40 PM   #3
Augie56
1999 WJ 

Any WJ should have the green 10-pin connector behind drivers side rear hatch area trim panel no matter if it came with tow package or not. You'll need either a factory tow harness WITH the relay pack, or an aftermarket harness that also has a relay module (etrailer.com). The aftermarket ones will plug in just the same as factory. If you source a factory harness from a junkyard, be sure to also get the relay pack that is attached to the trailer harness (don't snip anything...just unplug the green connector and take everything that's connected to it). The system won't work without it. Check my other posts to see why I know this if you're curious.

Also, you truly don't need the trim bezel if you cut out the bumper nice and neat....I like the look of mine after I took my time and made my cuts laser-straight.
Augie56 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2012, 03:40 PM   #4
WJhappened
2004 WJ 

Check out my recent thread.

I discovered that mine had the wiring harness already.

If you need one afterall, I have one for sale at 1/2 price, PM me if interested.
WJhappened is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2012, 08:17 PM   #5
WiLieR
1999 WJ 

http://www.wjjeeps.com/trailer.htm

This has all the info you might need, including install pics and instructions.
Unread 08-24-2013, 03:02 AM   #6
veiri86

2003 WJ 

Hi,

I know it is an old thread, but any of you guys still have the tow hitch bezel?

01' 4.7 Limited WJ 5" lifted, Rubicon Express 4.5" coil springs with IRO critical path setup and Bilstien 5100 shocks all around, JKS adjustable Trackbar (KOR bushings), JKS HD tie rod (MOOG problem solver Ends), JKS HD drag link (Moog Probel solver Ends), 4.56 Yukon ring and pinion, Moog HD SSD107 Steering Stabilizer, IRO Front drive shaft conversion, Stillen slotted rotors all around with Stillen brake pads, IRO adjustable A-Arm, 3" all the way Kolak Exhaust with High flow Magnaflow Cat. Converter and Flowmaster Super 50 Muffler, 285/70R17 AT Kumho (33") on 17" BlackWheel rims 909B, K&N Cold air intake, Four nozzles Bosch injectors, and Flashpaq 3780.

03' 4.7 H.O WJ 3" lifted, OME HD with 0.5" Coil spacers and Bilstien 5100 shocks all around, JKS adjustable Trackbar (KOR bushings), Moog Problem solver TRE's, IRO Front drive shaft conversion, IRO adjustable A-Arm, High flow magnaflow mini cats, high flow magnaflow cat, Flowmaster Super 44 muffler, 265/65R17 AT Yokohama on 17" Rays rims, and Flashpaq 3780
veiri86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.