Which WJ tow hooks - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Which WJ tow hooks

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 03-23-2010, 12:32 PM   #1
askoop
2000 WJ 

Which WJ tow hooks

Trying to decide which tow hooks for the front of my WJ to get.

Factory ones are $111 at my local dealer

Rustys are about $95 after shipping

So, price is pretty close, is there any advantage to one over the other? Any other options out there, or are these pretty much the only two?

WTB: 1 Timberline wheel or a set of JK steelies
askoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2010, 12:39 PM   #2
ezflip
Theme Park Dinosaur Head

2002 WJ 

Rusty's sit sideways and will require a bit of bumper trimming to fit them. However, they are much beefier than the stock hooks.

Hit up a junkyard, you should be able to pull some stock hooks for much cheaper than that. Just make sure you also pull the bracket from under the bumper cover.

2002 Overland - 4.7 HO, "Select-Drive", 4" RC long arms, TAG front winch bumper, 32" BFG KM's, Kolak 3" exhaust, Flowmaster 50 series

Build Thread

KCCO
ezflip is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2010, 01:21 PM   #3
Planetcat
2004 WJ 

I'll help make the decision easier for you. I just removed my Rusty's after one month, never been pulled on, very nice condition, did not have to trim the bumper fascia or anything to put them on. Just have to widen a hole that's already in the frame rail to make it fit one bolt on each side. All grade 8 hardware, brackets, hooks - $50 plus shipping for a fellow JF member. FYI, I put a Warn front receiver hitch on and don't have room for the hooks too. Also, I believe the Rusty's ones are rated for a higher pull rating than the factory ones.
Unread 03-23-2010, 01:23 PM   #4
ezflip
Theme Park Dinosaur Head

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetcat View Post
I'll help make the decision easier for you. I just removed my Rusty's after one month, never been pulled on, very nice condition, did not have to trim the bumper fascia or anything to put them on. Just have to widen a hole that's already in the frame rail to make it fit one bolt on each side. All grade 8 hardware, brackets, hooks - $50 plus shipping for a fellow JF member. FYI, I put a Warn front receiver hitch on and don't have room for the hooks too. Also, I believe the Rusty's ones are rated for a higher pull rating than the factory ones.
You didnt have to trim because you have an 04. Different bumper cover design. He will need to trim on his 2000. Still a great deal though

2002 Overland - 4.7 HO, "Select-Drive", 4" RC long arms, TAG front winch bumper, 32" BFG KM's, Kolak 3" exhaust, Flowmaster 50 series

Build Thread

KCCO
ezflip is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2010, 01:33 PM   #5
askoop
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetcat View Post
Sold! PM coming your way for payment/shipping details.
WTB: 1 Timberline wheel or a set of JK steelies
askoop is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.