WJ service Manuals - Comprehensive list - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > WJ service Manuals - Comprehensive list

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Unread 11-13-2013, 09:44 AM   #1
WJChris
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

Wj WJ service Manuals - Comprehensive list

I had service manual from TechAuthority for my 99, it worked very well for that year and also others. I'm not interested in Chiltons or any others, as the factory manuals are much more detailed and worth their cost the first time you need to use it.

My hope here is to help others determine which years are best to have. Im going to need to cover all years for the WJ, from 99-04. I want to know which manuals are "must haves".

Here is what I'm thinking for FACTORY SERVICE MANUALS:
2000 manual for the 99-00.
2002 Manual for the cooling changes and transmission, as well as the new ABS design, HO motor, side airbags etc. That should cover 00-02
2004 to get all the updates and park sensors and uConnect, should cover 02-04
Any input to my thoughts? Please add your insight for others to be able to come here and be educated

WJChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 12:28 PM   #2
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

Dont buy them. They (the factory service manuals) are all online for free if you hunt hard enough. A lot of them are on this link below, not just WJs either. Even the diesel models are on this list.

http://colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/
Unread 11-13-2013, 12:54 PM   #3
WJChris
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

Thank you. I looked at that link earlier. Its does not appear to be the complete book.

For those that want paper manuals and the best ones available, I would like to have this thread discuss that, not where to get free versions.
Unread 11-13-2013, 08:36 PM   #4
kc2mrg
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

wayyy off topic, but love the red wheels with the red jeep in your pic over there on the left, looks sweet
Superchips 3875 Flashpaq

West Virginia Jeep Club member
JEEPINWV.COM
kc2mrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 12:22 AM   #5
rep-tile
2004 WJ 

What's a manual?
rep-tile is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 03:31 AM   #6
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJChris View Post
Thank you. I looked at that link earlier. Its does not appear to be the complete book. For those that want paper manuals and the best ones available, I would like to have this thread discuss that, not where to get free versions.

They are complete if you download the zip version. Just for info! I appreciate that printing them off might take a while though so you might want to buy a paper version! I just print off the few pages I need for the job im doing. That way it does not matter when they get covered in oily finger prints!
Unread 11-14-2013, 07:39 PM   #7
narnwv

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Thank you. I looked at that link earlier. Its does not appear to be the complete book.
PM sent.

narnwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 09:38 PM   #8
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

There are some here, too. Courtesy of MICHIGANMAVERICK:
http://wagoneers.com/WJ/tech/

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 10:35 AM   #9
WJChris
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

Everyone here is so kind to offer these links to online versions. Thank you kindly.

Can anyone comment on the books I listed, and add their thoughts on how they cover (or not cover) the complete WJ line?

Lets assume I had every year WJ and wanted to service them all, obviously one book wont cover them all. Will the ones I listed be enough?
Unread 11-15-2013, 10:41 AM   #10
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Everyone here is so kind to offer these links to online versions. Thank you kindly. Can anyone comment on the books I listed, and add their thoughts on how they cover (or not cover) the complete WJ line? Lets assume I had every year WJ and wanted to service them all, obviously one book wont cover them all. Will the ones I listed be enough?
I have the 2002 Jeep GC paper FSM from when I owned 2002 and it seems to cover my 2003, plus nobody has yet to complain that when I post pages from it, it didn't work for them.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2013, 05:17 PM   #11
pyre24
2000 WJ 

i didnt see any links for getting a zip file.
pyre24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2013, 05:55 PM   #12
briandor
2004 WJ 

I'm curious about this too. I recently upgraded from a 01 Laredo to an 04 Overland. The FSM for the 01 doesn't have a bunch of stuff that would apply to the 04. Things like the entire 4.7 HO are missing. It seems there are a bunch of the 01 and earlier manuals floating around but it's a lot harder to find a manual that includes the 02 and later features let alone one that is specific to 04 since there were obviously a few tweaks for 04 as well.
briandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2013, 07:57 PM   #13
narnwv

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by briandor View Post
I'm curious about this too. I recently upgraded from a 01 Laredo to an 04 Overland. The FSM for the 01 doesn't have a bunch of stuff that would apply to the 04. Things like the entire 4.7 HO are missing. It seems there are a bunch of the 01 and earlier manuals floating around but it's a lot harder to find a manual that includes the 02 and later features let alone one that is specific to 04 since there were obviously a few tweaks for 04 as well.
PM sent

narnwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 04:32 PM   #14
NU_WJ

Anyone have a link for an '01 they could shoot me?
NU_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 04:35 PM   #15
99_wj_QD
1999 WJ 

I have seen the factory service manuals online for $100 a manual, one manual was the complete service info for that year model...plus they had the option of the paper manual or an electronic copy of it loaded on a cd.

I believe it was on a Mopar factory parts site
99_wj_QD is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.