WJ rocker panel repair - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > WJ rocker panel repair

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 09-19-2013, 08:39 AM   #1
2004DUB
2004 WJ 

WJ rocker panel repair

Like I posted in the what have you done to your wj thread, here are the pics of my panel repair. I ground out the rusted areas and then did a few laters of fiberglass and then top coated/filled imperfections with bondo. Then I primed with 2 coats sanded and then another coat of primer. After that dried and I feathered the edges I taped it off and did 4 coats of plasti-dip on both rockers.
This stuff was so easy to work with and it came out great!
Sorry the final pic is of the driver side and the progress pics are on the passenger I forgot to take a passenger shot last night.

photo-1.jpg   photo-2.jpg   photo-3.jpg  
2004DUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 08:53 AM   #2
cubalz
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Nice job. I would be very interested to hear how well plasti dip holds up on the rockers....
2003 Rubicon - 33x12.50x15 GY Duratracs, 15x10 MT Classic Locks, 2" BL, 2" BB, Warn Front Bumper, Garvin ATS Rear Bumper, Body Armor Extreme Rock Rails, Nth Degree Tummy Tucker, Skid Row Engine, LCA and Gas Tank Skid Plates, Teraflex Quick Disco's, Uniden Pro 520xl CB, 3' Firestik Antenna, BW Flat Fender Flares, Tom Woods DS, Currie Rear Adj Arms
cubalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 09:22 AM   #3
2004DUB
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubalz View Post
Nice job. I would be very interested to hear how well plasti dip holds up on the rockers....
Thats the main reason I used it and not a chassis coat or anything like that. I have heard it lasts 2-3 years typically but who knows..
I plan on running it through car washes and everything to see how it holds up to normal wear and tear.
2004DUB is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.