WJ recirculation door fix *pics* - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > WJ recirculation door fix *pics*

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 07-22-2014, 09:27 AM   #106
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Just did the thing, pics in my build thread.

R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2014, 07:46 PM   #107
canadianboomer
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I just did this to mine but in "Recurculating" mode

Thanks for this awesome post. I followed it and was successful.

The hardest part of the job was getting the 3 semi rusted screws out of the fan! Once the fan was down, we reached up into the hole and positioned the broken recirc door into the recurculating position. I held it there as my friend slid a small wood wedge that he had made into the plastic "grill" thing behind the glove box. It fit perfect and the door was solid shut. A bit of hot glue on the wood wedge and plastic grill and it was done.

The AC is blowing like a hurricane and super cold!

Thanks again from BC Canada
canadianboomer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2014, 12:01 PM   #108
biffs
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robrilla View Post
So how do you "correctly" fix the recirculation door problem? I'm taking apart the dash anyway to repair codes 54 / 56.

Thanks,
-Rob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlotzky View Post
PM sent.
Can someone provide more information on this rather than in PM? I'd be curious how to fix it properly. Being in Canada we get both very cold and very hot, and I don't want to 'flip the switch' twice a year. I'm very likely pulling the dash at some point to install some new stuff and relocate all of my wiring for remote start, install a tablet, power inverter, etc and would like to do it right.

Thanks
Unread 09-30-2014, 01:00 PM   #109
Jeeples
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffs View Post
Can someone provide more information on this rather than in PM? I'd be curious how to fix it properly. Being in Canada we get both very cold and very hot, and I don't want to 'flip the switch' twice a year. I'm very likely pulling the dash at some point to install some new stuff and relocate all of my wiring for remote start, install a tablet, power inverter, etc and would like to do it right.

Thanks
Here's the procedure for pulling the dash and HVAC sub assembly:

http://www.wjjeeps.com/hvac_ip_remove.htm

As for replacement parts, I think the Dorman HVAC sub assemblies (both the blend door and recirc door) offer the best bang for the buck, even compared to the popular aluminum replacements found on eBay. They address the root cause of door failure, which is the blend door drive connector stop tabs. The drive connector is what attaches the blend door motors to the blend door shaft, the OE doors have a 3 MM stop tab with tends to break and allows the motor over rotate and eventually break the blend door shaft. The Dorman doors use a thicker 4 MM stop tab.

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.