WJ recirculation door fix *pics* - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > WJ recirculation door fix *pics*

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 03-19-2013, 11:58 AM   #91
Schlotzky
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robrilla View Post
So how do you "correctly" fix the recirculation door problem? I'm taking apart the dash anyway to repair codes 54 / 56.

Thanks,
-Rob
PM sent.

Schlotzky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2013, 12:02 PM   #92
booboowj09
2002 WJ 

So I'm trying to figure out what would be the best exhaust for my 01 WJ 4.0 Laredo... Any ideas? Sound/performance?
booboowj09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #93
Schlotzky
2007 XK Commander 

This is not an exhaust thread. Please use the search feature to look through exhaust threads, or make a new thread asking your question.
Schlotzky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2013, 12:41 AM   #94
booboowj09
2002 WJ 

My bad my bad, new to this jeep forum.
booboowj09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2013, 06:23 AM   #95
car5car
2000 WJ 

I think, you can remove blend door and then cover intake hole under wiper arms.
Or cover hole intake from inside (re-circulation).
Unread 05-04-2013, 05:32 AM   #96
TheStuntman
2002 WJ 

Recirculation door

Hi this is my first post on this forum so please be gentle.
If you are in a hurry to fix your recirculation door here is a down and dirty fix.
Get a welding or brazing rod bend a hook on one end push it down through the recirculation vent hook up the door pull it shut and then bend the other end over to hold the flap shut, you will then have outside air only.
I know its a bodge of a fix but it will get you out of trouble for the short term.

TheStuntman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2013, 05:54 AM   #97
car5car
2000 WJ 

complete removal of recirc door makes more sense than holding it in "outside air position"
Unread 05-04-2013, 07:37 AM   #98
robrilla
2004 WJ 

I was wondering about that. Right now I'm pulling air from outside as I live in Oregon and foggy windows is a common occurrence.

I think folks recommend one or the other because they have a clear choice. If the door is removed or left to hang, it's left to the gods to decide what is pulling from where. Just my opinion.
robrilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2013, 05:58 PM   #99
roxiegin

help please

tried this fix as our code was 52 but still not getting proper blow get ok through center vents but hardly anything from side vents. blend doors replaced couple years ago by Chrysler. (previous owner) any other suggestions
roxiegin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2013, 05:06 PM   #100
venni
2004 WJ 

I've had error codes 52 (recirc travel too large) and 56 (passenger blend door travel too large) since I bought my jeep. My AC and heat worked fine on both sides until I replaced my battery. Upon hooking everything up and turning the jeep on I now have no AC on either side but the heat works fine. I can see the compressor turn on when I hit the AC button. I dropped the glove box and the recirculation door isn't broken off, but it doesn't move when I toggle the recirculation button. Would the blend doors and/or recirculation door cause me to have heat but no cold air coming through the vents at all?

I'm thinking since I disconnected the battery the hvac system did one of it's calibrations upon start up and it finally broke things.
venni is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2013, 08:46 PM   #101
lazyWJ
2002 WJ 

You may have a bad compressor, seems to be common on these things. You need to get high/low side AC pressures. The codes aren't likely related to the lack of cold air, although your passenger side my be problematic if the blend door is broken. For a code 52 on the recirc door you might have a split actuator. I posted a fix for that a few weeks ago on here. Again, not likely to cause an AC issue, but something you may want to investigate. Get your pressures and post them up, that will tell you your next step.
"Bought, Not Built"
lazyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2014, 03:34 PM   #102
malcthedip
2003 WJ 

04 Recirc door which way?

I have a 2004 JGC Ltd and pretty sure the recirculation door needs the fix.
Guess I am just looking for confirmation.
Get code 52 and cold outside air into passenger footwork as speed increases. These does move on start up and when pressing the recirc button but it obviously is not staying in position.
Question is do I cable tie it towards the cabin or use a rod to push towards front of car. I live in Scotland so keeping the cold air out is the priority not too fussed about very cold a/c air.
Born doors seem fine as I can get varying temps on both sides
Thanks
malcthedip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2014, 04:30 PM   #103
rkoch

Recirculation Door Fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylock View Post
I had the recirc door break off and land on top of the blower blocking all air flow. I pulled the broken door out and everything was great until it really started getting cold. There is cold air coming into the cabin. Do the recirc door prevent outside from coming inside the cabin? The only code I am pulling is 52. I thought it was a blend door problem but those codes are not present.
I had the same problem, but came up with innovative solution. I pulled the fan so had easy access from the bottom. I dropped glove box so I could see the door from that opening as well. I pushed the door back in place after it fell. I then used a long drill bit through the clove box opening and interior cabin grill to the box and drilled through both the top of the door and the lip at the top of the box. I accessed the door from the bottom through the fan opening and used a zip tie through both holes to make a hinge. I then used a big band clamp I straightened out and bent it into a U shape at one end so it went under the bottom of the door and ran it through the cabin vent. I then drilled through the U shape and door and zip tied them together. I ran the band clamp through the cabin vent and down under the dash. I can now reach under the glove box and either push the band forward to open the door to the cabin, or pull on it to open the door to exterior. I can also set it anywhere in between to mix the two. Took about an hour.
rkoch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2014, 10:44 AM   #104
morrowd

Wow I was thinking about attempting something along those lines. Any chance we could get a picture?
morrowd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2014, 08:21 AM   #105
01YellowXJ
XJ Cherokee 

Guys and gals,

Has anyone replaced the recirculation motor? Done a write up?
Ours is stuck in fresh/open air and will not allow me to push it to the recirculation side. Gives me a code of 14 which is the recirculation door.
Ours is not broken but seems that the motor is locked up so i dont want to force it and break the shaft. Other than wedging the door open and covering the hole under the wiper cowl to get recirculated air I would rather disconnect the motor for good so I can place the flap where I want it or replace the motor to work as it should.

Good sites I found during my search:

Codes -- http://wjjeeps.com/climate.htm
Dual zone AC door fix - http://www.jgcparts.com/JeepHeater.html

But nothing for the recirculation door step by step yet.
THanks
01YellowXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.