WJ recirculation door fix *pics* - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > WJ recirculation door fix *pics*

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 11-25-2010, 08:14 PM   #31
straty1987

OK this sounds like a stupid question but been meaning to ask it sine i am not 100% sure how the recirculation door works. i understand the recirculation means of the air inside the jeep

- what is the need for teh recirculation button?
- when doing this mod why is it the need for outside air to come in?
- can doing this mod and having the door open all the time cause any odd effects?

straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2010, 09:48 PM   #32
BreadsWJ
2002 WJ 

Wj

Quote:
Originally Posted by straty1987 View Post
OK this sounds like a stupid question but been meaning to ask it sine i am not 100% sure how the recirculation door works. i understand the recirculation means of the air inside the jeep

- what is the need for teh recirculation button?
- when doing this mod why is it the need for outside air to come in?
- can doing this mod and having the door open all the time cause any odd effects?
Recirculation button allows the door to close and use only the air from inside your Jeep.

When you do this type of mod it's really your choice whether you want it open or closed. I'd recommend closed, especially in a cold climate, but the air remains "stale" as it's internal air.......just crack a window...problem solved. If open, it will always draw air from the outside.

Having the door open all the time just means it's taking air from the outside at all times.

Using recirculated air means its a little hotter when fully set to heat and a little colder when full A/C is on.

Just my two cents....
BreadsWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2010, 10:26 PM   #33
straty1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreadsWJ View Post
Recirculation button allows the door to close and use only the air from inside your Jeep.

When you do this type of mod it's really your choice whether you want it open or closed. I'd recommend closed, especially in a cold climate, but the air remains "stale" as it's internal air.......just crack a window...problem solved. If open, it will always draw air from the outside.

Having the door open all the time just means it's taking air from the outside at all times.

Using recirculated air means its a little hotter when fully set to heat and a little colder when full A/C is on.

Just my two cents....
thanks that helped.
i will leave my broken door alone since its going to stay cold.
i have just been opening my windows a bit when driving and having the Side Window Air Deflectors so they help keep rain out of the jeep
straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2010, 04:18 PM   #34
greylock

I had the recirc door break off and land on top of the blower blocking all air flow. I pulled the broken door out and everything was great until it really started getting cold. There is cold air coming into the cabin. Do the recirc door prevent outside from coming inside the cabin? The only code I am pulling is 52. I thought it was a blend door problem but those codes are not present.
greylock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2010, 04:58 PM   #35
XJH-007

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreadsWJ View Post

Just my two cents....
X2

Sucks, I have to adjust the recirc door a few times a year....Closed in Winter, Open in Summer. When it's -20F outside it won't blow real hot air unless it's closed...

I may hook like an old CJ choke cable to it to make it easier.
Tera 4:1 / 4:56's_Elec. Locked D44
**84' CJ7 4"BDS 33's
***02 WJ Overland
XJH-007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2010, 03:56 PM   #36
mnjeep02

guys i need some help with my 2002 jeep grand cherokee limited.the heat quit working and i replaced the blend doors and then the heater core started going out same with the recirc door.the heat would still work and then i would start losing blowing power and then nothing would come out of the vents all together.and them i had both the heater core and recirc door replaced.and then coming home last night it did the same thing as it would start blowing less and less and then nothign at all.i dont understand this and its starting to really piss me off.i left today and it worked just fine and then i pulled some codes and it was 52 and 56 which makes no sense since everyhting is brand new.i pulled the glove boxed and the recirc dorr is working so im lost and confused.also i saw here that he used a zip tie to pull the recirc door back but i found on blenddoor.com that they sell i piece that puches the door forward to close off the recirc door.which one is it?forward or back??please help guys cuz i dont know what to do..thanks
mnjeep02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2011, 07:22 PM   #37
fumblefingers
2014 WK 

I am also having the same codes (52,56) I have no passinger side heat and I can hear at times the recirc door hit the blower fins. I am in Florida so I intend to fix the blend doors and also the recirc door. The fix at JustforJeeps seems easy enough to do but I am confused about the recirc door. I don't know which direction is which. I would like to close off the outside air and screw or zip tie it in place. I am unsure on how to fish it out of the blower. Do I have to remove the blower then push it into place? Do I want the door in the closed position? Any pix? From the Pix at the start of this discussion, it looks llike the only way to get to this door is with blower removal. Blend Dor does not say how to do this fix and they do not post instructions. For $5.00 I guess the kit consist of a couple of zip ties and instructions.......but then I don't know for sure.

Last edited by fumblefingers; 02-15-2011 at 02:43 PM..
fumblefingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2011, 10:04 PM   #38
Kheeney5
1999 WJ 

Those of you asking which way it goes, I hope this is right, hopefully someone will double check the image attached and tell me that it is. Here you go:
wjrecircdoor010.jpg  
Kheeney5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2011, 06:55 AM   #39
fumblefingers
2014 WK 

Thanks, Great picture. It took me a minute to understand that the pix was taken with the blower motor removed....duh. I will do the repair in a couple of days. What tools will I need to remove the blower and How do I go about it? I can hear the broken door hitting the blower squirrel cage
Unread 02-26-2011, 08:33 AM   #40
Kheeney5
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumblefingers
Thanks, Great picture. It took me a minute to understand that the pix was taken with the blower motor removed....duh. I will do the repair in a couple of days. What tools will I need to remove the blower and How do I go about it? I can hear the broken door hitting the blower squirrel cage
Not sure as I have not done it. I think you will need a torx bit of some size. Look in the first or second post and it should tell you! Good luck. Let me know how it goes. I am getting the code for the recirculation door off and on, so I'll open it up when it gets warmer to take a look at it.
Unread 02-26-2011, 05:35 PM   #41
fumblefingers
2014 WK 

When I opened up the glove box I saw the recirc door moving back and forth normally so I left it alone and when on and fixed the broken blend door. I just posted on another thread some hints on doing that repair. Thanks for your input. P.S. Even though the recirc door looks like it is working I am still pulling a code 52. I am not sure what is going on
Unread 03-01-2011, 07:37 PM   #42
m007gunit
1999 WJ 

I just read this thread and have been dealing with no heat for a week. I found the recirc door broken, I removed in less than 15 min hopefully the outside air will not have much effect making my warm air cold on my ride into work. at leas now I have air movement from the dash vents. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
m007gunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2011, 07:43 PM   #43
Kheeney5
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by m007gunit View Post
I just read this thread and have been dealing with no heat for a week. I found the recirc door broken, I removed in less than 15 min hopefully the outside air will not have much effect making my warm air cold on my ride into work. at leas now I have air movement from the dash vents. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This either sounds like heater core or blend doors quite honestly...

I'd look under your passenger side carpet to see if any coolant is down there just to make sure. Also feel the top. If you have the dual climate option I would make sure you can get cold and hot air on both sides. If both are fine, then I'd say you're good for now!
Kheeney5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2011, 02:52 AM   #44
MikeeN
2003 WJ 

this is kinda of a dumb question but i could not get the third screw out closest to the passenger door. Its like hidden behind something taped in foam? in the first pictures its the far right screw. How could i go about taking this out i tried for a awhile and couldnt even get to it.
MikeeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2011, 06:47 AM   #45
fumblefingers
2014 WK 

You need a torx bit or a #7 to get the screws out. You probably need an extension Blend dor has a $5.00 kit that allows one to pull the broken door up from the bottom and hold it in place in the recirc position while a couple of 1.25" screws are inserted in the door....then wires are used to attach to the screws and pull the door into the outside air position.

If the recirc door is laying on the bottom of the opening preventing air flow the Blend DoR $5.00 kit is the easiest way to go. Or you can improvise and use a coat hanger to fish the door up off the bottom without removing the blower. All this is done with the glove box door in the down position which is done by twisting the 2 rubber stops at the top and disconnecting the plastic arm on the window side.

The second reason for no heat could be the Blend Doors being broken and shutting off air flow. Usually it is the passinger side that is broken if you have a dual zone system. Replacement door(s) have aluminum shafts.

Let the forum know if you have a dual zone system with a display or not. That would be helpful in helping you out

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.