WJ recirculation door fix *pics* - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > WJ recirculation door fix *pics*

Visit 1aauto.com For ShockTober Deals on Monroe shocks andAdvance Adapters SYE KitsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 01-05-2008, 08:43 AM   #16
JG_Canuck
2000 WJ 

On mine the air flow was comprimised because the recirc door had broken off, fallen down and blocked things off at the fan. I merely removed the blower motor (3 torx screws) and managed to twist the door around and pull it out. I no longer have recirc function, and my blend doors are still throwing codes, but I haven't yet had to replace them. I still get hot and cold air...

JG_Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2008, 11:05 AM   #17
daveyboy43

I had a recent problem with mine that turned out to be the wiring connector at the resistor which I know now is a common problem. For future reference if and when the recirc door breaks and falls down like this and restricts your air flow, are there any other clues that it's this? I guess what I'm asking is unlike mine when nothing happened when you turned the fan switch from high to low will you hear a difference in sound when turning the switch from high to low but just not get any air flow or will you also not hear anything at all?
daveyboy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2008, 12:51 PM   #18
jaiburnam
2002 WJ 

Sup guyz, question ? I been reading through this fer days now and havent really found any useful information. Wuz thinking about making a new post but figured ill jus ask here. Ok i seen one post about getting error code - 52, 54, 56, which on wjjeeps website says "52 = AI (Recirc) door travel range too large, 54 = Left temperature door travel too large, 56 = Right temperature door travel too large. What i would like to know is how do u really fix this time is not a problem parts arent either but i jus would jus like ta know how to fix it right. Did tha recirc door cause the other 2 codes to light or whats really goin on ? ta make it even worse tha fan died also but wuz working after tha codes came up so if any one with the knowledge or know how to fix this problem please post or send me an email at jaiburnam@gmail.com
jaiburnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2008, 08:10 PM   #19
FooK
2002 WJ 

wait, where is the 247-249 yoke thing?
Driver #1724 Team WP Jeepspeed
Co-Driver #36 ERS Rally Team
FooK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2009, 05:48 PM   #20
Leeroybrown

Can I just say that you guys are legends, I was 3 minutes away from booking in my Jeep to have the blend doors fixed and the recirc doors fixed as I had no air at all and was getting 52 and 54 errors.

I was quoted $2600 by Jeep, well that is in Aussie dollars...... to have it fixed.

Once reading your threads here I pulled the recirc door out as per your instructions and now have full Ac and air back which has just saved me $$$$.

Thank you very much for taking the effort to take pics etc for us dummies, you guys are legends.

One very happy camper.
Leeroybrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2009, 06:24 PM   #21
theksmith
2003 WJ 

FYI for anyone that finds this thread, you can go the opposite and have it premanantly in recirc mode by cutting up some coathanger to just the right length and using it to "wedge" the door closed... attach one end to the "grill" area the same place you would with the zip tie method, and then the other end just pushes against the door and holds it closed. the key is cutting the wire just the right length to put some pressure on the door all the time, but not so long that it pops out all the time. i guess you could do the same thing with a stick the right length, but the coathanger worked for me.

(it's freakin hot here in phoenix, and having it "vent" all the time just wasn't an option)
theksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2009, 04:50 AM   #22
georged
2004 WJ 

Since you guys are talking about the recirculation door maybe you could explain why my 04 GC Lorado has warm air coming out of the vents after the engine has been warmed up. This is with the AC off, set for fresh air and the temp control set to the coolest position. When the Jeep has not been used for four or five hours the air is the same as outside temperature until the engine warms up.
georged is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2009, 01:42 PM   #23
SaharaMan
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooK View Post
wait, where is the 247-249 yoke thing?
yeah where is this?
Unread 01-25-2009, 04:55 PM   #24
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Now is there a way to "do it right" as said before earlier. I am in a cold climate where sometimes I need a burst of hot recirculation air to warm me up. I am getting a WJ from my grandma soon, her recirc doors were broken and fixed under warranty by the dealer, will they break again?

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2009, 12:18 PM   #25
snowJeeper

yes most likely. My parents paid like 1200 to have theirs fixed a couple months ago, and it broke again right away. :-/
snowJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2009, 01:39 PM   #26
MeWJWifeZJ
1996 ZJ 

I have plenty of air flow, and both blend doors are working properly and not broken, however, with no codes I still only get hot heat when the outside temp is above 20 degrees or so, anything less than that and it's cool/slightly warm air at best. Is the recirc door to fault? (It was replaced in the fall)

Traded away the WJ to get a commuter

We finally got another Jeep after 5 years without. Too bad it's ALL stock.
MeWJWifeZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2009, 04:05 PM   #27
Engine_HP
2000 WJ 

nice i like that, might do it to my car.
2 Type R 15 Dual 4ohms,
Ported 7.07'cu Tuned 34hz
Big 3 1/0 Gauge wire.
Engine_HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2010, 01:24 PM   #28
FloridaPI
2002 WJ 

Thanks for this...I almost had a heart attack when the dealer told me what it was going to cost for them to fix the recirc door. I was able (with very little mechanical knowledge) to do this in about 40 minutes (only I put mine in the permanent cabin recirculation position because of the super hot temps here in Florida...it just wasn't cooling enough on outside air...now it's ice cold, and for a PI sitting in a vehicle all day, that's important).
FloridaPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2010, 06:41 PM   #29
joshjones84
2000 WJ 

is this a good Idea if I have hot air coming out of the driver side and cold air coming out the passanger side? I need to do something quick since winter is here!
joshjones84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2010, 08:06 PM   #30
straty1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjones84 View Post
is this a good Idea if I have hot air coming out of the driver side and cold air coming out the passanger side? I need to do something quick since winter is here!
if your rec door is broken it might

but it dose sound like you have a broken blend door.
check to see what codes you get by following the steps under AZC self-diagnostic mode at Jeep Grand Cherokee WK - Climate controls

theres a simple fix that you can make a hole behind the glove box and change the broken parts in under an hour.
i did a write up on it and its not had look http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/d...p-pics-884932/

the cheapest kit now adays that lets you keep dual control is sold by jeep for $100 and under
part number 68080867AA
Mid-Case Blend Door Housing Repair Kit - Item # 68080867AA & 5134353AA
straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.