WJ radiator - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > WJ radiator

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 09-09-2012, 09:27 AM   #1
lzyrslf

WJ radiator

Whats a good radiator to go with. Mine has a leak in it and I'm going with a stock replacement or upgraded aftermarket. It's for a 4.0 motor.

lzyrslf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2012, 11:46 AM   #2
narnwv

2000 WJ 

get a Mopar one from Kolak (forum vendor) or get one at a parts store. I bought a cheaper one, and the fitment wasn't right.

narnwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2012, 11:57 AM   #3
lzyrslf

I was looking a most are around 150 or 120 depending if it's from a local parts store or summit racing.
Unread 09-09-2012, 03:40 PM   #4
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

I've installed the generic Napa/OReilly radiators as well as Radiator Barn radiators. Both had slight fitment issues but the Radiator Barn ones were cheaper and surprisingly well-made.
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2012, 06:38 PM   #5
narnwv

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
I've installed the generic Napa/OReilly radiators as well as Radiator Barn radiators. Both had slight fitment issues but the Radiator Barn ones were cheaper and surprisingly well-made.
Radiator barn was what I used. CSV brand is what was shipped. There was a 2" gap at the top, and it had about 10 less water channels than the factory radiator. The fan shroud also mounted to it funny, leaving a 1/4" gap all the way around, and causing the mechanical fan to hit the shroud when flexing at ALL.

pics: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...l#post11869800

Unread 09-09-2012, 08:22 PM   #6
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Oh snap! I put the Radiator Barn unit in an XJ, I don't remember what brand it was but it was super nice. Guess that's a no-no for WJs then.
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 07:17 AM   #7
narnwv

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
Oh snap! I put the Radiator Barn unit in an XJ, I don't remember what brand it was but it was super nice. Guess that's a no-no for WJs then.
Yeah, I had heard nothing but good things about them, but I was disappointed in the radiator I was sent. I'll probably hit up a local parts store next time this needs changed. It did come with a lifetime warranty though, so when it's time to change it, I'll send it back in for an exchange that I can keep for emergencies.

Unread 09-10-2012, 09:49 AM   #8
lzyrslf

I think I will be going with a autozone radiator. They have a spectra with a limited lifetime warranty on the about the same price as everyone else. Anyone ever use a spectra ?
Unread 09-10-2012, 01:56 PM   #9
metalhead
2000 WJ 

I just found out I need a new radiator. I was looking at rockauto has a spectra radiator for a decent price. What hoses do you all like gates or goodyear? sorry if i'm thread jacking.
metalhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 02:08 PM   #10
n8man1068
2003 WJ 

save yourself some time+headache down the road by leaving the driver side lower fan shroud bolt out. Makes changing the e-fan a whole lot easier.
03 WJ IRO 3" lift, DT8000 shocks, Addco swaybars, JKS quick disconnects, IRO xfer skid, IRO adc control arms, Rola roof rack, Uniden 510xl+firestick 2, K&N drop in filter, Cragar soft 8's, Hankook Dynapro ATM/RF10tires
n8man1068 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.