WJ maintenance - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > WJ maintenance

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChIron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCK

Unread 01-25-2014, 09:59 AM   #1
tauruspt2
2004 WJ 

Wj WJ maintenance

Hey everyone just bought a 4.7L v8 wj. Just wondering what you guys regularly do/look for on your jeeps for maintenance. I know obviously an oil change every few thousand miles and to check all the fluids, but do you experts have any DIY tricks to keep your jeep in mint condition? I'm new so I'm just trying to become more knowledgeable of my new WJ.

Thanks everyone

tauruspt2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2014, 10:25 AM   #2
hunter4198
1999 WJ 

I too just bought a 4.7 liter v8, I'm new to the whole jeep world, but my brother who is a mechanic said to drain every fluid in the thing and put new fluid in. Use synthetic oil, bleed your brakes and take a look at the rotors and brake pads. If it moves, put some lube on it. and you don't love it if you'd don't look back everytime you walk away

Hunter4198
hunter4198 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2014, 10:36 AM   #3
MuddyWJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter4198 View Post
I too just bought a 4.7 liter v8, I'm new to the whole jeep world, but my brother who is a mechanic said to drain every fluid in the thing and put new fluid in. Use synthetic oil, bleed your brakes and take a look at the rotors and brake pads. If it moves, put some lube on it. and you don't love it if you'd don't look back everytime you walk away
^^^This!!!!
The only real way to keep her mint is to be super diligent with maintenance. Ie: if something isn't right FIX IT! Oh yeah and when changing fluids use the CORRECT fluid always. For better reference look around at this website.
www.wjjeeps.com
A Bible of sorts for the dub owners.
MuddyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2014, 10:47 AM   #4
carlt828
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter4198 View Post
Same here. Just picked up a '04 Limited. First Jeep and 4x4 for that matter. Going through all the fluids so I know for sure everything is up to snuff.
carlt828 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2014, 10:56 AM   #5
MuddyWJ
2004 WJ 

Uhoh! My crystal ball tells me there's going to be some lift and tire questions coming up!!!!!!!! J/K
Welcome to WJ dom. Dundundun!!
MuddyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2014, 10:57 AM   #6
tauruspt2
2004 WJ 

Wow thanks for all the replies, the PO is a mechanic and at the 100k mark he replaced all the hoses, belts, radiator, rear axel, flushed the engine and put volvoline 5w-30 in it every 3k miles. He was a nice guy he knew what he was talking about as he was a mechanic and it was his wifes car and he had it top notch for her. Thanks for all the replies if anyone has any more suggestions PLEASE reply!
Unread 01-25-2014, 10:58 AM   #7
tauruspt2
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyWJ View Post
Uhoh! My crystal ball tells me there's going to be some lift and tire questions coming up!!!!!!!! J/K
LOL well I actually used the search tool for that one, Nice try
Unread 01-25-2014, 11:04 AM   #8
carlt828
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyWJ View Post
Already have a Rusty's 2" BB kit sitting in the garage I bought off a member here.
carlt828 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.