Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

WJ lug pattern

34K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  cherojeep 
#1 ·
whats the lug pattern on a wj? 5 on 5"?

#2 ·
onlynajeep said:
whats the lug pattern on a wj? 5 on 5"?
Don't know, but I sure wishe someone knew. I checked wjjeeps.com and they said 5 x 5, then I checked with Jegs and they said 5 x 4.5. Another tire place said 5 x 127 mm (which I think is 5").

If anyone knows this, hook us up :)

#4 ·
i know that the ZJ is 5x4.5 but i dont know if the wj is different....

#5 ·
Yep,

the WJ bolt pattern is different. Comeon WJ guys, chime in here.

Hunter

#7 · (Edited)
I am positive on this.....I've been in the market for wheels for my WJ for a year. the lug pattern is 5x5" (5x127mm in metric). If you're looking to cross reference some wheels (ie. use dodge or Chevy or something, the 96-98 Dodge Ram also used a 5x5 lug pattern, as did the 93-97 Chevy 1500's).

Best place I found for wheels and not have to worry about spending a buttload is to goto Centerline's wheel deals, put in your state, and then under " or, SEARCH BY BOLT PATTERN", choose "5-lug 5.0" bolt circle". They have some excellent prices on wheels straight from the manufacturer. One thing to note...If you've got full discs on your WJ, a 15" wheel WILL NOT fit over the stock caliper/rotor...you must get at least a 16" wheel.

edit - and just for a reference on the backspacing. the stock 16" wheels have a backspacing of 6" and the 17" wheels have a backspacing of 6.25", so if you're going for a wider tire (say 265/75/16), make sure the backspacing is less than 6", or you'll be rubbing on the rear shocks.

#11 ·
One thing to note...If you've got full discs on your WJ, a 15" wheel WILL NOT fit over the stock caliper/rotor...you must get at least a 16" wheel.
Actually a 15" steel wheel with less back spacing fits fine. Factory WJ 16" wheel have 6 but 15's with 4 will work. I don't know of any WJ that didn't have disk at all four corners and I see plenty of them with 15's(mine included).

#13 ·
#14 ·
Wow this thread isn't just back from the dead, it's full on Zombie Apocalypse!

ryann93 - thank you for using the search! Just keep in mind that if your question isn't answered while searching, it's usually best to start a new thread instead of replying to a really old one. Welcome to the forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.