WJ Lifts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > WJ Lifts

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-19-2010, 11:55 AM   #1
RootJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

WJ Lifts

For me it's a toss up between Fat Bob and Iron Rock because of the cost. Fat Bob is a lil cheaper and has front lower control arms which I need to replace anyway.

Anyone have a Fat Bob lift?

RootJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2010, 12:02 PM   #2
ezflip
Theme Park Dinosaur Head

2002 WJ 

Which lift kits? link to both you are looking at. I may also suggest Rough Country x-series and Zone.

2002 Overland - 4.7 HO, "Select-Drive", 4" RC long arms, TAG front winch bumper, 32" BFG KM's, Kolak 3" exhaust, Flowmaster 50 series

Build Thread
ezflip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2010, 12:10 PM   #3
WillMcD
2004 WJ 

If you mean a 4" lift I would go with the two mentioned above. They are the most complete and for the price you cant beat them.
04 WJ Limited Black, 5.5" LA hybrid (IRO Trackbar, Teraflex Springs, Bilstein 5100/5125 Shocks, IRO Critical Path High Clearance LA's + KOR 3/4" spacers, JKS Disconnects) 32" Firestone Destination M/T's, JCR Stage 3 Sliders, Black Moabs, Muffler Delete, Hella 700ff's, Yakima Load Warrior

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Phil:4:13: I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=billzcat;10933305]a lot of people waste their life playing FB games all day like Farmville, Cityville, Gangsterville, Hookersnblowville, Idonteffingcareville[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Green"]August 2011 GCOTM Winner[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[SIZE="3"][CENTER]Build Thread:[/CENTER]
[CENTER][COLOR="Red"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/04-wj-college-build-willmcd-1050247/#post9619953"]04 WJ College Build-WillMcD[/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER][/SIZE]
WillMcD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2010, 03:23 PM   #4
RootJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Cant link it on my phone but search fat bobs garage and ironrock. Will, you think there both decent 4" lifts for light to moderate off road? Which one is better? Fatty's is 699 and ironrock is 745 bucks. I dont need super tough but I dont want something that will sag fast.
Unread 07-19-2010, 03:41 PM   #5
doublejz
2004 WJ 

I like IRO and have been using their products for ~3 years now. I would recommend them for the products as well as their customer service. However, if you are looking for the best LA kit, then hands down I'd go with Clayton. However, I'm running IRO's LA kit and it is sufficient for my needs.

IRO
Unread 07-19-2010, 04:07 PM   #6
ezflip
Theme Park Dinosaur Head

2002 WJ 

Iro is a great kit but not enough for the price. Look up the rough country x series kit (on my phone so i can't provide a link right now) see what it comes with compared to the others, then pm casanova4x4 on here. He can hook ou up with a great discount on it. I have never seen anyone run the 4" from fatbobs. But i can certainly vouch for the rcx kit.

2002 Overland - 4.7 HO, "Select-Drive", 4" RC long arms, TAG front winch bumper, 32" BFG KM's, Kolak 3" exhaust, Flowmaster 50 series

Build Thread
Unread 07-19-2010, 04:48 PM   #7
Apollo21
2002 WJ 

on Fat Bob's i saw the following kits BDS (for the price you could buy 2 of the others and its the same parts from the Zone kit under a different name with a more limited warranty), Zone 4in Kit (i run it, link to build thread in sig), RC basic 4in kit (i wouldn't buy it), RC-X (the RCX kit i would buy if i bought from them).

The choice is yours, but keep in mind none of these kits are "complete" there's more info in my build thread and in the search function since iv'e typed it a thousand times already.
Midshipmen Patrick 1/C USMMA DD: 2004 Golf GLS TDI 43mpg and 2002 Overland: Zone 4in, 32in Treadwright MTRs, IRO upper CAs, lift gate light mod, Alpine/Polk speakers, and power inverter with USB in dash mod, CB, custom rear swing out tire carrier Build thread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/apollo21-build-thread-902929/[/url] SOLD
Apollo21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2010, 05:48 PM   #8
WillMcD
2004 WJ 

Yea I can vouch for the RCX kit and I would pm casanova if you decide on that. He will give you a better price on the rcx than you could get the IRO and fat bobs for. Personally I would go with the RCX. Theres plenty of debate between which is better, the zone kit or the rcx, but both are very good kits. Some say the zone kit rides better but the RCX kit comes with adjustables. For light to moderate offroading both the zone and rcx kits are perfect.
04 WJ Limited Black, 5.5" LA hybrid (IRO Trackbar, Teraflex Springs, Bilstein 5100/5125 Shocks, IRO Critical Path High Clearance LA's + KOR 3/4" spacers, JKS Disconnects) 32" Firestone Destination M/T's, JCR Stage 3 Sliders, Black Moabs, Muffler Delete, Hella 700ff's, Yakima Load Warrior

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Phil:4:13: I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=billzcat;10933305]a lot of people waste their life playing FB games all day like Farmville, Cityville, Gangsterville, Hookersnblowville, Idonteffingcareville[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Green"]August 2011 GCOTM Winner[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[CENTER][COLOR="Red"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/04-wj-college-build-willmcd-1050247/#post9619953"]04 WJ College Build-WillMcD[/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER][/SIZE]
Unread 07-19-2010, 07:32 PM   #9
ezflip
Theme Park Dinosaur Head

2002 WJ 

Hmm, looks like Fat Bob carries both the Zone kit and the Rough Country X kit. Which one are you looking at? Again, both kits are good. I went with RCX because it comes with adjustable front lower control arms and an adjustable track bar. It rides great IMO. I also got it because of the price. Its listed at 750 at fat bobs (and on RC's site) but casanova4x4 will ship it to your door for less than 700. Im not sure what deals he is running now, but when I bought mine, I got the kit and a steering stabilizer shipped to my door for $680. It is the most complete kit for the money.

However, as Apollo said above, it is still not complete. To complete a short arm lift kit, you will want adjustable front uppers and adjustable rear lowers. That would pretty much round off a short arm kit.

If you want it to ride like a Cadillac, you have to go long arms. And that gets expensive...

Edit: the RCX kit also comes with front sway bar disconnects.

Build Thread
Unread 07-19-2010, 09:48 PM   #10
RootJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Off Road Store: 1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ 4" Lift Kit with shocks - Rough Country, 1993-1998 ZJ and 1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 698S

Is this the RCX yer talkin about? There is no T-case drop in the kit. Is that alright?
Unread 07-19-2010, 09:51 PM   #11
WillMcD
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RootJ View Post
Thats the cheaper rc kit. I wouldnt recommend that kit at all. The rcx kit runs for 750 but as ezflip said you can get it for abt 680 shipped from casanova

Unread 07-19-2010, 09:55 PM   #12
ezflip
Theme Park Dinosaur Head

2002 WJ 

Jeep WJ Suspension Lift

This is the x series kit. It doea come with a tc drop, but 99% of people on here will tell you not to run it, including myself. It is meant to help the angle of the rear driveshaft, but it hurts the angle of the front shaft and lowers the lowest point on your jeep another inch. un it, including myself. It is meant to help the angle of the rear driveshaft, but it hurts the angle of the front shaft and lowers the lowest point on your jeep another inch.

Build Thread
Unread 07-19-2010, 09:56 PM   #13
ezflip
Theme Park Dinosaur Head

2002 WJ 

Dang phone....double post.

Build Thread
Unread 07-19-2010, 10:01 PM   #14
WillMcD
2004 WJ 

Yea I dont really know many people that actually run the transfer case drop. I wonder if its even possible to try and get a better price by subtracting it from the kit? Might want to give it a shot if you decide on this kit.

Unread 07-19-2010, 10:04 PM   #15
RootJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

ok I see what you mean. Thank you. Just trying to save a bit of cash without costing in the long run.

I gotta have enough to fix the stop-bump too, it's driving me nuts.

Last edited by RootJ; 07-19-2010 at 10:04 PM.. Reason: oops

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.