Wj Lift spacers with shocks or lift springs and shocks - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Wj Lift spacers with shocks or lift springs and shocks

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 04-21-2014, 07:48 PM   #1
m83ypt
2003 WJ 

Wj Wj Lift spacers with shocks or lift springs and shocks

So looking for some advise. I'm saving up for the RC long arm kit. But want to lift it a little bit now.. Should I go with the 2 inch spacer kit with shocks, or the 2.5 inch spring kit with shocks. (Both kits are from Rusty's offroad) Looking for pros and con's for both.. This is my first jeep. Used to have a 90 yota pickup.. So new to jeeps and solid front axles..

m83ypt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2014, 08:59 PM   #2
Brysonhunt95
2004 WJ 

Either way you go, it's gonna be about the same amount of work. If it was me, I would do the spacers with shocks. Not whole new springs. I don't know why, that's just me. I got my 2" coil spacers off of eBay for $100 and used them for over a year. But, at the same time, I would wait and keep saving because in the end, chances are you're not going to be able to lift with long arms and not have to spend the extra money on more parts. First thing, if your Jeep doesn't have a double cardan(correct me if I'm wrong fellow Jeepers) driveshaft, you're gonna have to either buy a new custom one, or find a junkyard one. The list goes on and on.
2004 Jeep WJ. 80,000 miles. 4.7L. 3" Iron Rock lift with adjustable track bar with 31" Toyo Open Country M/T's on 15x7 4in backspaced Crager Soft 8 379 Series. Two Pilot off-road lights under the bumper.
Brysonhunt95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2014, 08:48 AM   #3
m83ypt
2003 WJ 

Thank you. Ya I went and bought the spacers with new shocks. Should be here next week. I don't thinkmy wj has the CV style drive shaft. But not sure. And I'm not worried about how hard it is to work on it. I'm a 10 year automotive dealer tech. So I've done most of it on other peoples cars.. Lol.. Just new to the jeep world..
m83ypt is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.