WJ Lift selection - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > WJ Lift selection

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsLabor Day Sale!

Unread 05-21-2013, 09:43 AM   #16
Jeeples
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPNBST View Post
Just wanted to update everyone. I ordered everything through Kolak but my Moog STB (found on amazon cheaper).

What I ended up ordering was:

-3" IRO lift with Adj Trakbar (No shocks) (Through Kolak, great pricing)
-Goodyear Wrangler Authority 265/70/17 (Walmart Duratrac knockoff) $170(Authority) v $250(Duratrac) a tire was too much money to not get them.
-Bilstein 5100's via Kolak (Great pricing)
Decided to add the JKS QD's at a later date since Kolak offers free shipping on all things JKS. I decided I'd rather put the money into the Bilsteins than the QD's at this time. I can do QD's later easily where changing shocks later is not so easy.
-ZJ windshield washer fluid reservoir($10 local u-pull it), just in case I decide I need to get that route after I get the QD's. I don't think I will need it at this point but may in the near future.

I still have some money budgeted for odds and ends. Installing this weekend.
EDIT: Beat me to it, nice choice

Here's the current setup on my wife's WJ:

IRO 3" Springs (not the full kit, just the springs) $240
Bilsteins from Kolak- Contact Nick for pricing
Zone Offroad Extended front and rear sway bar links- $70
JKS Adjustable TB- $160
KOR TB Bushings- $65

Now, before we got rid of her budget boost and went with IRO springs, we replaced the control arms with aftermarket OE style arms through the local parts store and the axle bushings as well. I consider that part of regular maitenance, so I don't include that as part of the lift cost, and considering the condition of your control arms and bushings, you may need to replace those as well after you lift it.

Not including shocks (since I won't publicly state the price Nick got me), we're into her lift $535 before taxes and shipping. If I were to do it again, I would probably get the IRO kit, minus shocks, then add KOR TB bushings and Bilsteins through Kolak. The overall cost would be within a few dollars, but it would be easier to just place one order through Nick and be done with it.

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 09:54 AM   #17
RIPNBST
2004 WJ 

Are the KOR TB bushings needed? Whats the benefit there? I understand they are ridiculously hard but is it necessary?
RIPNBST is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 02:02 PM   #18
wvracer821

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPNBST View Post
Are the KOR TB bushings needed? Whats the benefit there? I understand they are ridiculously hard but is it necessary?
Idk id they are 100% needed but they are worth every penny. they tighten up the side to side movement in the axle which tightens up the steering all together
wvracer821 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.