WJ leaking fuel from injector rail - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > WJ leaking fuel from injector rail

Advance Adapters SYE KitsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 05-01-2010, 04:50 PM   #16
u.p.jeeper

Thanks for the reply.

u.p.jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2010, 08:34 PM   #17
PIP932
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The fuel pressure damper isn't supposed to be replaced individually. The manual for my '04 states that the fuel line isn't repairable. From all the reading I have done, I have come to conclude that the best method to solve a leaking Pressure Damper issue is to replace the whole rail. Mine is leaking right now as well, I am going to take it in to the mechanic shop since I was going there anyway. I just hope the leaking doesn't get worst when I drive. No fires related to this kind of leak right?
PIP932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2010, 07:37 AM   #18
CTJeepWJ
2010 JK Wrangler 

I am getting leaking in the exact same spot and I am also just shy of 90K...it must be something that Jeep set up to fail at 90K haha. Here are my pictures which arent much better...

Has everyone come to the conclusion that the only fix is to replace the entire fuel rail?

What is the actual name of this piece that is leaking? Also is this a dealership only piece?
0807100859a.jpg   0807100859b.jpg  

BLACK JEEP SOCIETY
www.facebook.com/BlackJeepSociety
2010 JK & 2004 WJ

Last edited by CTJeepWJ; 08-07-2010 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: added a question
CTJeepWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2010, 12:03 PM   #19
CTJeepWJ
2010 JK Wrangler 

Bump

Anyone have pricing or part number on the fuel rail?

BLACK JEEP SOCIETY
www.facebook.com/BlackJeepSociety
2010 JK & 2004 WJ
Unread 08-09-2010, 06:03 PM   #20
vvreddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTJeepWJ View Post
Bump

Anyone have pricing or part number on the fuel rail?
$154.10 at moparonlineparts - part # 55014496AC.

No affiliation, just where I buy parts.
vvreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2010, 06:50 AM   #21
CTJeepWJ
2010 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the info. How hard is the install? I have never worked on this part of the fuel system, is this something that can be done with general knowledge and tools? Any pictures or write up would be a big help. Thank you.
-Ed
Unread 08-10-2010, 08:01 AM   #22
xJoshxx
Web Wheeler

2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvreddy View Post
$154.10 at moparonlineparts - part # 55014496AC.

No affiliation, just where I buy parts.
Pm Kolak on here Or Kolak@aol.com He can probably beat that price
The SRt-8's are a liberty design.
2011 WK2 ORA2
2012 WK2 SRT8
xJoshxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 09:24 PM   #23
colt45210
2002 XJ Cherokee 

fuel raillll

Quote:
Originally Posted by quikturbo View Post
I ended up just buying a new fuel rail and that regulator is mounted already. After i took the old one off I inspected and while you may be able replace the o-rings under the top cap I wasn't confident it would seal up again. The rail was just under 200 if I recall.
Good luck.
Chris
Where did you find the fuel rail for that price?
everything ive seen has $245 or so?
colt45210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 10:35 PM   #24
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Ouch. Pulled one from a wreckers that still has the black paint on and no rust at all to replace my rusty one for $10. Would try a wreckers first if you have near you and can get a good one cheap. Ones I deal with give a 90day warranty as standard if there's any problems with the part.

No tips for how to replace although you need the special tool to properly remove the line from the rail. Haven't done mine as of yet as I'm a bit leary of doing damage to the injectors and/or 0-rings. Have never had to deal with the fuel rail before other than testing it's getting fuel.
cykaaro is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 03:02 PM   #25
stingray66
2004 WJ 

ok Here is the part # I replaced my o ring in my damper and all is good
go to any GOOD parts store there is a o ring kit made by standard Part # SK 14
made for the fuel damper cost me a buck today
It is totally NUTS to spend 2 to 300 bucks for a new fuel rail for a buck item
I will tell you it is best to remove the fuel rail to replace the o ring
took me a 30 mims to do
and don't believe tho B/s that you can not service the fuel rail
its really not that hard
stingray66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 01:22 PM   #26
johngreenedc

Just did the fuel injectors and replaced the o-ring in the fuel dampener. Carefully pried back the tabs, and then replaced the o-ring (which was blue and hard and discolored on one side). I used the borg warner equivalent for the Standard sk-14 part, which is 2 o-rings for a whopping $1.59. Car fired up 1st try and is dry aat all of the injectors and the fuel dampener. I talked to a Jeep dealer mechanic who said the reason they (dealer) said the part is not repairable is due to liability problems. He said he would probably do exactly what I was going to do. I figure replacing the injectors (rebuilt 4 hole bosch from rockauto for $98) and fixing the fuel rail (about two hours total time) I saved $1200. Also replace my wife's O2 sensor ($25) for an additional $150 savings. Not bad for a Sunday afternoon.
johngreenedc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 11:59 AM   #27
johngreenedc

Spoke too soon. Need help

First day the fuel dampener ws dry. Today it is leaking. Any ideas?
The o-ring appeared correct compared to the original and the part seems secure on the rail. I'm stumped
johngreenedc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 04:53 PM   #28
Rae228

I have a 99' grand cherokee laredo. 170k miles. Having the same problem and completely nerve racked! We took all 6 injectors off, had them rebuilt. Put them back on, jeep still wouldn't start, just cranks. So we took the damper off thinking we could go buy the part, but I can't find it anywhere not even online! So now we put it back on but fuel is pouring out when we crank the jeep. Please someone help.. Where can I buy this part? What's the part #? Thank you.
Rae228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 05:02 PM   #29
pinky2252s
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae228 View Post
I have a 99' grand cherokee laredo. 170k miles. Having the same problem and completely nerve racked! We took all 6 injectors off, had them rebuilt. Put them back on, jeep still wouldn't start, just cranks. So we took the damper off thinking we could go buy the part, but I can't find it anywhere not even online! So now we put it back on but fuel is pouring out when we crank the jeep. Please someone help.. Where can I buy this part? What's the part #? Thank you.
Come on, did you even read the thread?

The part itself is only available connected to a new fuel rail. But as seen in this thread, some have had success with replacing the O ring on the dampener.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #2252
2001 Laredo, 2004 Special Edition
pinky2252s is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.